Alex Cossio, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SANDY — Real Salt Lake announced that the team will host Club Tijuana for a friendly on Aug. 12 at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Club Tijuana — short for Club Tijuana Xoloitzcuintles de Caliente — is a relatively new club, founded just seven years ago. This will be the first ever meeting between RSL and the Xolos (as they are commonly known).
While the team's history is short, Tijuana has had some success. The Xolos won the 2012 Liga MX Apertura season title and reached the semifinals of the 2013-14 CONCACAF Champions League.
This will be RSL's 10th match against a Mexican team. They are 3-4-2 all-time against Liga MX sides.
The game will kick off at 8 p.m. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Wednesday.
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 93
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 76
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 46
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 41
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26