Alex Cossio, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SANDY — Real Salt Lake announced that the team will host Club Tijuana for a friendly on Aug. 12 at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Club Tijuana — short for Club Tijuana Xoloitzcuintles de Caliente — is a relatively new club, founded just seven years ago. This will be the first ever meeting between RSL and the Xolos (as they are commonly known).
While the team's history is short, Tijuana has had some success. The Xolos won the 2012 Liga MX Apertura season title and reached the semifinals of the 2013-14 CONCACAF Champions League.
This will be RSL's 10th match against a Mexican team. They are 3-4-2 all-time against Liga MX sides.
The game will kick off at 8 p.m. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Wednesday.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45