Alex Cossio, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SANDY — Real Salt Lake announced that the team will host Club Tijuana for a friendly on Aug. 12 at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Club Tijuana — short for Club Tijuana Xoloitzcuintles de Caliente — is a relatively new club, founded just seven years ago. This will be the first ever meeting between RSL and the Xolos (as they are commonly known).
While the team's history is short, Tijuana has had some success. The Xolos won the 2012 Liga MX Apertura season title and reached the semifinals of the 2013-14 CONCACAF Champions League.
This will be RSL's 10th match against a Mexican team. They are 3-4-2 all-time against Liga MX sides.
The game will kick off at 8 p.m. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Wednesday.
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 55
- High school football: State tournament... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 33
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32