Alex Cossio, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SANDY — Real Salt Lake announced that the team will host Club Tijuana for a friendly on Aug. 12 at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Club Tijuana — short for Club Tijuana Xoloitzcuintles de Caliente — is a relatively new club, founded just seven years ago. This will be the first ever meeting between RSL and the Xolos (as they are commonly known).
While the team's history is short, Tijuana has had some success. The Xolos won the 2012 Liga MX Apertura season title and reached the semifinals of the 2013-14 CONCACAF Champions League.
This will be RSL's 10th match against a Mexican team. They are 3-4-2 all-time against Liga MX sides.
The game will kick off at 8 p.m. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Wednesday.
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- High school wrestling: Pleasant Grove dynasty...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 62
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 55
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 50
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39