Alex Cossio, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SANDY — Real Salt Lake announced that the team will host Club Tijuana for a friendly on Aug. 12 at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Club Tijuana — short for Club Tijuana Xoloitzcuintles de Caliente — is a relatively new club, founded just seven years ago. This will be the first ever meeting between RSL and the Xolos (as they are commonly known).
While the team's history is short, Tijuana has had some success. The Xolos won the 2012 Liga MX Apertura season title and reached the semifinals of the 2013-14 CONCACAF Champions League.
This will be RSL's 10th match against a Mexican team. They are 3-4-2 all-time against Liga MX sides.
The game will kick off at 8 p.m. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Wednesday.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33