SALT LAKE CITY — The Appellate Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the Utah Court of Appeals. The vacancy results from the resignation of Judge Carolyn B. McHugh following her confirmation as a judge of the U.S. 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Nicole Farrell, shareholder, Parsons Behle & Latimer; Diana Hagen, appellate chief, U.S. Attorney's Office for Utah; Linda M. Jones, partner, Zimmerman Jones Booher LLC; 4th District Judge David N. Mortensen; Bridget Romano, state solicitor general; Salt Lake County Deputy District Attorney Paula K. Smith; and 3rd District Judge Kate A. Toomey.
Written comments can be submitted to Appellate Judicial Nominating Commission Chair Kerry Gibson at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330 or by email at email@example.com.
The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. on July 11. The commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments.
After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert's appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13