SALT LAKE CITY — The Appellate Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the Utah Court of Appeals. The vacancy results from the resignation of Judge Carolyn B. McHugh following her confirmation as a judge of the U.S. 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Nicole Farrell, shareholder, Parsons Behle & Latimer; Diana Hagen, appellate chief, U.S. Attorney's Office for Utah; Linda M. Jones, partner, Zimmerman Jones Booher LLC; 4th District Judge David N. Mortensen; Bridget Romano, state solicitor general; Salt Lake County Deputy District Attorney Paula K. Smith; and 3rd District Judge Kate A. Toomey.
Written comments can be submitted to Appellate Judicial Nominating Commission Chair Kerry Gibson at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. on July 11. The commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments.
After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert's appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 16
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14