Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Applications to join the Mormon Tabernacle Choir are available through Aug. 15.
Interested applicants must be between the ages of 25 and 55 and live within 100 miles of Temple Square. Because the choir acts as an official ambassador for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, all applicants must be members in good standing, according to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir’s website at mormontabernaclechoir.org.
The application process includes the formal application, voice tape, music theory test, letter of recommendation and a formal audition. Forms and information are available at mormontabernaclechoir.org/about/choir/auditions?lang=eng.
Initially, those selected begin serving in the Temple Square Chorale. They transition to the choir in the spring after completing the chorale and choir School training, according to the website.
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 36
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- Over half a million people attended... 4
- 5 unusual places of worship 4
- Pope Francis to marry couples with... 3