Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Applications to join the Mormon Tabernacle Choir are available through Aug. 15.
Interested applicants must be between the ages of 25 and 55 and live within 100 miles of Temple Square. Because the choir acts as an official ambassador for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, all applicants must be members in good standing, according to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir’s website at mormontabernaclechoir.org.
The application process includes the formal application, voice tape, music theory test, letter of recommendation and a formal audition. Forms and information are available at mormontabernaclechoir.org/about/choir/auditions?lang=eng.
Initially, those selected begin serving in the Temple Square Chorale. They transition to the choir in the spring after completing the chorale and choir School training, according to the website.
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- Why many churches can't endorse political...
- LDS.org post opens arms to 'Pokemon Go' players
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at Republican...
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this...
- 5 diverse appeals to God that were just made...
- What's new: 'By the Voice of My Servants'...
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 31
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 25
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- Revealed: What a draft of the... 10
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- LDS.org post opens arms to 'Pokemon Go'... 9