Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Applications to join the Mormon Tabernacle Choir are available through Aug. 15.
Interested applicants must be between the ages of 25 and 55 and live within 100 miles of Temple Square. Because the choir acts as an official ambassador for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, all applicants must be members in good standing, according to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir’s website at mormontabernaclechoir.org.
The application process includes the formal application, voice tape, music theory test, letter of recommendation and a formal audition. Forms and information are available at mormontabernaclechoir.org/about/choir/auditions?lang=eng.
Initially, those selected begin serving in the Temple Square Chorale. They transition to the choir in the spring after completing the chorale and choir School training, according to the website.
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- 6 Mormon sisters share uplifting music with...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Video purports to show second beheading of US...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 66
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 18
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 9
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3