Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Applications to join the Mormon Tabernacle Choir are available through Aug. 15.
Interested applicants must be between the ages of 25 and 55 and live within 100 miles of Temple Square. Because the choir acts as an official ambassador for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, all applicants must be members in good standing, according to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir’s website at mormontabernaclechoir.org.
The application process includes the formal application, voice tape, music theory test, letter of recommendation and a formal audition. Forms and information are available at mormontabernaclechoir.org/about/choir/auditions?lang=eng.
Initially, those selected begin serving in the Temple Square Chorale. They transition to the choir in the spring after completing the chorale and choir School training, according to the website.
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtfdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS...
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10...
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list of...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 89
- LDS Church releases video about... 43
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 22
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- Amish country bristles at... 10
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 7
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 6