LDS stake president receives Diabetic Association's Father of Year Award
Provided by Daniel Coston
Charlotte North Carolina South Stake President Ladd Hall received the 14th annual American Diabetes Association Father of the Year Award last month. He and his wife, Sally, have eight children, one of whom is serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Fort Collins, Colorado. Their family includes four adopted sons, and five of their children are married.
Hall, who was one of five Charlotte-area award recipients, is also executive vice president of the Nucor Corp.
The Father of the Year Awards program recognizes fathers “who portray and epitomize family, citizenship, charity, civility and responsibility in their everyday lives. These fathers not only have achieved success in their chosen fields, they also have found the time to be role models in raising their children,” according to a news release.
Hall was nominated by Nucor President and CEO John Ferriola, and in the months leading up to the awards dinner, worked to raise money to support the ADA efforts to advocate and fund research to assist in caring for the more than 29.1 million U.S. children and adults living with diabetes. The combined fundraising efforts of the five Charlotte-area fathers totaled nearly $519,000, an ADA record, according to a news release.
For more information about the ADA Father of the Year Award, visit diabetes.org.
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- 6 Mormon sisters share uplifting music with...
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- Video purports to show second beheading of US...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 69
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 18
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3
- LDS missionaries share messages about... 2
- Cracks in the ‘stained-glass... 2
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence 2