Ravell Call, Deseret News Archives
MONTICELLO — The Bureau of Land Management Utah, Monticello Field Office is seeking public comment on an environmental assessment analyzing potential impacts associated with a proposed ATV safari event.
The cities of Monticello and Blanding have hosted an annual ATV safari for the past 10 years. The assessment will analyze proposed changes designed to improve the overall event and participant experience.
This year's proposed three-day event would take place in September on 15 designated routes in Grand and San Juan counties. The event proposal also includes developing 14 trailheads in areas with existing surface disturbance.
The assessment, which includes route maps, is available for public review and comment on the Environmental Notification Bulletin Board at blm.gov, search for "San Juan ATV Safari."
Written comments will be accepted by letter or email until close of business Aug. 1. BLM officials said the most useful comments are those that contain new technical or scientific information relevant to the proposed action. Reference "San Juan ATV Safari" when submitting comments.
Written comments may be mailed to Bureau of Land Management, Monticello Field Office, Attn: Donald Hoffheins, P.O. Box 7, Monticello, UT 84535; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- 'Somebody knows what happened,' daughter...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Utah came first for Rep. Jim Matheson, but...
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- Rally in support of police also draws... 39
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 22
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9
- Chugging eggnog at office party lands... 8