Home, sweeter home!
In today's modern retirement communities seniors can have the best of all worlds: freedom from yard work and the perks that come with owning a home — for a reasonable, affordable price, no less, if it's a manufactured home.
Seniors 55 and older who choose a gated retirement community can not only live in an affordable, modern, modular home but enjoy all the advantages that come with it. Here are some of the benefits:
Secure, safe environment: the community is generally safer and quieter than traditional neighborhoods
No one comes in uninvited
Neighbors look out for one another
You can enjoy amenities like a swimming pool and a clubhouse that are available for family parties and group gatherings
Price is affordable
Manufactured homes are priced within range of a retiree's budget — generally for sale between $30,000-$100,000 — for a number of reasons. Since 1976, the quality standards have been higher. The homes offer style, function and space at a cost far less than traditional housing because the homes are built in a controlled environment. Weather doesn't dictate the process or create a situation where the home is exposed to the elements.
The homebuyer only purchases the home itself, so that lowers the cost.
Homes are still spacious
The homes include plenty of built-in storage like china cabinets, desks and closets. Most come with walk-in showers, and some come furnished. Some have fireplaces, whirlpool baths and the cupboards are usually lower, easier to reach.
The interest on mortgage or lease payments on a manufactured home is tax-deductible, just like in a traditional home. Many communities offer month-to-month, open-ended leases.
So in addition to reaping the benefits of downsizing and taking a break from lawn and yard maintenance, you can enjoy a lovely, new home that you can afford in a place you can truly relax.
Look for one of these communities in your area.
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Attorneys want BYU track team testimony...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- About Utah: Utah Valley University fills a...
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns considering...
- Real Salt Lake proposes to pay for $18M...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 49
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 35
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 32
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 25
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 23
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 20
- Utah residents rank air pollution as... 19