Home, sweeter home!
In today's modern retirement communities seniors can have the best of all worlds: freedom from yard work and the perks that come with owning a home — for a reasonable, affordable price, no less, if it's a manufactured home.
Seniors 55 and older who choose a gated retirement community can not only live in an affordable, modern, modular home but enjoy all the advantages that come with it. Here are some of the benefits:
Secure, safe environment: the community is generally safer and quieter than traditional neighborhoods
No one comes in uninvited
Neighbors look out for one another
You can enjoy amenities like a swimming pool and a clubhouse that are available for family parties and group gatherings
Price is affordable
Manufactured homes are priced within range of a retiree's budget — generally for sale between $30,000-$100,000 — for a number of reasons. Since 1976, the quality standards have been higher. The homes offer style, function and space at a cost far less than traditional housing because the homes are built in a controlled environment. Weather doesn't dictate the process or create a situation where the home is exposed to the elements.
The homebuyer only purchases the home itself, so that lowers the cost.
Homes are still spacious
The homes include plenty of built-in storage like china cabinets, desks and closets. Most come with walk-in showers, and some come furnished. Some have fireplaces, whirlpool baths and the cupboards are usually lower, easier to reach.
The interest on mortgage or lease payments on a manufactured home is tax-deductible, just like in a traditional home. Many communities offer month-to-month, open-ended leases.
So in addition to reaping the benefits of downsizing and taking a break from lawn and yard maintenance, you can enjoy a lovely, new home that you can afford in a place you can truly relax.
Look for one of these communities in your area.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police investigating man who barricaded...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 19
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should scientists be allowed to change... 10