Home, sweeter home!
In today's modern retirement communities seniors can have the best of all worlds: freedom from yard work and the perks that come with owning a home — for a reasonable, affordable price, no less, if it's a manufactured home.
Seniors 55 and older who choose a gated retirement community can not only live in an affordable, modern, modular home but enjoy all the advantages that come with it. Here are some of the benefits:
Secure, safe environment: the community is generally safer and quieter than traditional neighborhoods
No one comes in uninvited
Neighbors look out for one another
You can enjoy amenities like a swimming pool and a clubhouse that are available for family parties and group gatherings
Price is affordable
Manufactured homes are priced within range of a retiree's budget — generally for sale between $30,000-$100,000 — for a number of reasons. Since 1976, the quality standards have been higher. The homes offer style, function and space at a cost far less than traditional housing because the homes are built in a controlled environment. Weather doesn't dictate the process or create a situation where the home is exposed to the elements.
The homebuyer only purchases the home itself, so that lowers the cost.
Homes are still spacious
The homes include plenty of built-in storage like china cabinets, desks and closets. Most come with walk-in showers, and some come furnished. Some have fireplaces, whirlpool baths and the cupboards are usually lower, easier to reach.
The interest on mortgage or lease payments on a manufactured home is tax-deductible, just like in a traditional home. Many communities offer month-to-month, open-ended leases.
So in addition to reaping the benefits of downsizing and taking a break from lawn and yard maintenance, you can enjoy a lovely, new home that you can afford in a place you can truly relax.
Look for one of these communities in your area.
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Living — or dying — with...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 260
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 97
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 87
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 68
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 61
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 53
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35