'Wicked' this way comes: 'Popular' musical returning for 7-week run with S.L. native in ensemble
That, Hunton pointed out, is the interesting thing about Elphaba: “She’s not supposed to be ugly; she’s pretty. She’s just green.”
That green, Hunton said, often ends up “in my hairline, and it’s always in my ears.” But she says it's a price worth paying to play Elphaba.
“It’s definitely been a moment where you’re just waiting for someone to shake you out of a dream — to shake you awake,” she said.
Hunton said this is her third touring show.
"We’re excited to come to Utah,” she said. “We want to plan a camping trip.”
Bohne said she “couldn’t be more excited” to be returning home and that she has a countdown on her phone.
“It means so much to me," she said. "I get to live with my family for seven weeks. I’m also excited to share Utah’s beauty with my cast. Whenever I’m back in Utah, I’m in awe of its beauty.”
If you go ...
What: “Wicked” national tour
When: July 9-Aug. 24, times vary, matinees available
Where: Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South in Salt Lake City
How much: $55-$185
'Wicked' day-of ticket deals
Pre-performance drawings are set to give patrons a chance at winning discounted tickets to “Wicked.”
Two and a half hours before each performance, guests may go to the Capitol Theatre box office with a photo ID to place their names in a drawing to receive orchestra seats for $25 each.
Names will be drawn 2 hours before the performance, and winners must be available in person, again with a valid photo ID, to purchase the tickets. A limited number of seats are available in the drawing. There is a limit of two tickets per person for those selected by the drawing.
Erica Hansen was the Theater Editor at the Deseret News for more than three years. An area performer, she was also the original host of the radio program "Showtune Saturday Night."
- National Spelling Bee co-champions include...
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Chris Hicks: ‘Joy’ and a special...
- Mom's 'happy Chewbacca' video shatters...
- Man discovers, restores statues from American...
- Utah artisan's handmade guitars gaining...
- Utahn on 'Survivor-'themed 'Price is Right'...
- Movie review: Beckinsale showcases classic...
- Mom's 'happy Chewbacca' video shatters... 6
- Movie review: Overstuffed 'X-Men:... 2
- Chris Hicks: ‘Joy’ and a... 1
- Chris Hicks: Gear up for Memorial Day... 1
- National Spelling Bee co-champions... 0
- Ballet West artists prepare original... 0
- Man discovers, restores statues from... 0
- Utah artisan's handmade guitars gaining... 0