SPANISH FORK — Nebo School District teacher Perry Ewell has been recognized as the Outstanding Arts & Education Educator in Utah by the Artistic Resource for Teachers and Students Inc.
Gov. Gary Herbert recognized that the A.R.T.S. has fostered the development of cultural studies and fine arts education in Utah public schools as a collaborative effort between educators, businesses, government, and community and fine arts organizations.
Ewell teaches fifth grade at Spring Lake Elementary in Payson. A major reason for his nomination is that he produces and directs an annual production of "A Christmas Carol" with his class, according to the Nebo District.
- It's 2014: Are all our schools proficient yet?
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- Educators at UEA convention told to 'push back'
- Lockhart, Seelig work to galvanize Utah's women
- Making your student debt worth its burden
- Special assembly held to promote STEM education
- Feminist speaker claims USU didn't warn her...