SPANISH FORK — Nebo School District teacher Perry Ewell has been recognized as the Outstanding Arts & Education Educator in Utah by the Artistic Resource for Teachers and Students Inc.
Gov. Gary Herbert recognized that the A.R.T.S. has fostered the development of cultural studies and fine arts education in Utah public schools as a collaborative effort between educators, businesses, government, and community and fine arts organizations.
Ewell teaches fifth grade at Spring Lake Elementary in Payson. A major reason for his nomination is that he produces and directs an annual production of "A Christmas Carol" with his class, according to the Nebo District.
- Chronic absence a 'huge contributor' to...
- University of Utah homecoming week kicks off
- Memorial dedicated to community activist...
- Entrada Adult High School hosting open house
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- North Carolina court stops part of order...
- Utah senator aims to bring computer coding to...
- Top 15 states for education
- Lawmakers, business leaders back bill... 8
- Chronic absence a 'huge contributor' to... 6
- House approves early childhood... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- Utah senator aims to bring computer... 3
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with... 2
- Top 15 states for education 2
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2