Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The search is on for a new chief executive officer at the Fourth Street Clinic, its third in 28 years of operation.
Kristy Chambers, who was chosen to run the clinic in 2011 when its founder, Allan Ainsworth, retired, is stepping down.
The clinic's board of directors is leading the search, hoping for "a smooth, organizational transition," according to a statement released Thursday.
"Fourth Street Clinic's board of directors stands firmly committed to patient care, our donors and the community at large," said board Chairman John Parrish. "Our search is to hire the right community leader who has the skills and passion to roll up their sleeves and seek solutions that move homeless Utahns towards better health and out of homelessness."
He said the best candidate would have multifaceted experience in nonprofit work, clinical settings and organizational management.
The clinic, which serves mostly the homeless and uninsured populations, recently completed a $2.9 million expansion project that brought dental care to the site. The board is hoping the next CEO could build on the clinic's 26 years of success.
"We want to keep up that momentum we have going," said Scott Williams, clinic board member.
While the clinic will keep the employment listing open for at least 30 days, Williams said the board has already received applications from interested people in the local community. He expects to fill the position by early fall.
Williams said the clinic has solid grant funding and a good reputation.
"There's a lot going on there," he said, adding that the clinic experienced "a lot of good development" under Chambers' direction. "We're looking for someone with a mission-driven approach to their career to fill her spot."
Melanie Taylor, chief operating officer at the clinic, has been named as the interim CEO. For more information, visit www.fourthstreetclinic.org.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: wendyleonards
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Thousands attend second Utah Lantern Fest
- With Trump on top, Romney will not... 78
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 49
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 46
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Climate change and national forests:... 32
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 28
- S.L. City Council unsure what to expect... 21