4-year-old basketball prodigy beats kids twice his age, plays like Kevin Durant
Josiah Brown isn't yet in kindergarten, but he plays basketball against fourth graders — and wins.
The 4-year-old basketball prodigy plays regularly at the Wilmington, North Carolina, YMCA, according to Good Morning America.
His most recent feat was winning the free throw competition for 6- to 9-year-olds at the Muggsy Bogues Fundamentals Basketball Camp in Charlotte.
He was also one of two campers who received special recognition from Muggsy Bogues, a former player in the NBA and coach for the United Faith Christian Academy, according to WWAY ABC TV.
Demetrius Brown, Josiah's father, told WWAY ABC TV that Josiah was born to play basketball.
"From the time he started walking, we had a Little Tikes basketball [hoop] in the house, and he just took to it," Demetrius Brown said. "Pretty much all the fundamentals that most kids in their teens are working on, he's working on a four years old."
Josiah's basketball skills include dribbling with both hands and spinning before he shoots, Good Morning America reported.
Demetrius Brown told ABC News Josiah has modeled his free throw technique after Kevin Durant since he was a 1-year-old.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Harry Potter trivia quiz: Can you get 10...
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- James Garner was a singular talent with his...
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for The Rock
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What we can all... 20
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 13
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but... 9
- It's safe to vaccinate kids —... 7
- Does getting married really increase... 7
- Leaving your child alone in public?... 5
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform... 5