4-year-old basketball prodigy beats kids twice his age, plays like Kevin Durant
Josiah Brown isn't yet in kindergarten, but he plays basketball against fourth graders — and wins.
The 4-year-old basketball prodigy plays regularly at the Wilmington, North Carolina, YMCA, according to Good Morning America.
His most recent feat was winning the free throw competition for 6- to 9-year-olds at the Muggsy Bogues Fundamentals Basketball Camp in Charlotte.
He was also one of two campers who received special recognition from Muggsy Bogues, a former player in the NBA and coach for the United Faith Christian Academy, according to WWAY ABC TV.
Demetrius Brown, Josiah's father, told WWAY ABC TV that Josiah was born to play basketball.
"From the time he started walking, we had a Little Tikes basketball [hoop] in the house, and he just took to it," Demetrius Brown said. "Pretty much all the fundamentals that most kids in their teens are working on, he's working on a four years old."
Josiah's basketball skills include dribbling with both hands and spinning before he shoots, Good Morning America reported.
Demetrius Brown told ABC News Josiah has modeled his free throw technique after Kevin Durant since he was a 1-year-old.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- 6-year-old 'Rapunzel' donates hair to...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s...
- The Clean Cut: This ATM gives people much...
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old drumming prodigy...
- Two powerful forces make American... 27
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 19
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 15
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s... 14
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Many adults delay parenthood for these... 5
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4