4-year-old basketball prodigy beats kids twice his age, plays like Kevin Durant
Josiah Brown isn't yet in kindergarten, but he plays basketball against fourth graders — and wins.
The 4-year-old basketball prodigy plays regularly at the Wilmington, North Carolina, YMCA, according to Good Morning America.
His most recent feat was winning the free throw competition for 6- to 9-year-olds at the Muggsy Bogues Fundamentals Basketball Camp in Charlotte.
He was also one of two campers who received special recognition from Muggsy Bogues, a former player in the NBA and coach for the United Faith Christian Academy, according to WWAY ABC TV.
Demetrius Brown, Josiah's father, told WWAY ABC TV that Josiah was born to play basketball.
"From the time he started walking, we had a Little Tikes basketball [hoop] in the house, and he just took to it," Demetrius Brown said. "Pretty much all the fundamentals that most kids in their teens are working on, he's working on a four years old."
Josiah's basketball skills include dribbling with both hands and spinning before he shoots, Good Morning America reported.
Demetrius Brown told ABC News Josiah has modeled his free throw technique after Kevin Durant since he was a 1-year-old.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- 12 Disney movies that are coming out in 2015
- Top honeymoon destinations for 2015
- Motherhood Matters: What I learned from...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup... 11
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos... 5
- Family motto helps LDS couple put... 5
- Sherry Young: Nostalgia, airplanes and... 4
- Motherhood Matters: To grouchy moms... 4
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Dad gets 'no-show' bill after... 3