4-year-old basketball prodigy beats kids twice his age, plays like Kevin Durant
Josiah Brown isn't yet in kindergarten, but he plays basketball against fourth graders — and wins.
The 4-year-old basketball prodigy plays regularly at the Wilmington, North Carolina, YMCA, according to Good Morning America.
His most recent feat was winning the free throw competition for 6- to 9-year-olds at the Muggsy Bogues Fundamentals Basketball Camp in Charlotte.
He was also one of two campers who received special recognition from Muggsy Bogues, a former player in the NBA and coach for the United Faith Christian Academy, according to WWAY ABC TV.
Demetrius Brown, Josiah's father, told WWAY ABC TV that Josiah was born to play basketball.
"From the time he started walking, we had a Little Tikes basketball [hoop] in the house, and he just took to it," Demetrius Brown said. "Pretty much all the fundamentals that most kids in their teens are working on, he's working on a four years old."
Josiah's basketball skills include dribbling with both hands and spinning before he shoots, Good Morning America reported.
Demetrius Brown told ABC News Josiah has modeled his free throw technique after Kevin Durant since he was a 1-year-old.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- No, you shouldn't feel bad about taking a nap
- Face time vs. screen time: The technological...
- Road Home to use Midvale shelter one more...
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- It's about time the government... 12
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Social problems... 7
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile'... 7
- Erin Stewart: Parents: Stop pushing... 6
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5
- The Clean Cut: CBS News features boy... 5
- Parenting advice that changed my life 4