MURRAY — A man and woman were hospitalized after the motorcycle they were on was hit by a car Wednesday night.
Police located the vehicle involved in a neighborhood near the accident but had not found the driver Thursday morning, according to Murray police detective Ken Bass. Investigators do not yet have information on who may own the car and who may have driven the car Wednesday night.
Around midnight, Murray police responded to a hit-and-run near 150 East and 5300 South. A motorcycle, carrying a man and woman, was traveling east when a silver or charcoal Lexus rear-ended the bike, said Murray Police Sgt. Kip Davies. The woman was thrown off the bike, and the man driving the bike was dragged at least 300 feet down the road until he was able to free himself.
The car did not stop.
The man and woman were taken to Intermountain Medical Center with lower injuries that were not considered to be life-threatening. It is unclear whether the two were wearing helmets. Investigators do not think the driver of the car knew the man and woman.
Police have not released the names and ages of those involved in the accident.
Investigators are not sure whether speed played a role in the crash. Davies warned motorcycle riders to be careful.
"Just always be cautious of who's around you when you're on those motorcycles. you never know what could happen. Accidents happen all the time, unfortunately."
Those who have information on the accident or the driver of the car should call Murray dispatchers at 801-840-4000.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- With Boston out, another Salt Lake Olympics...
- Living — or dying — with...
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling on...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 250
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 94
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 87
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 66
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 60
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 53
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 43
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35