LDS musician Josh Wright moves on to round two on 'America's Got Talent'
Josh Wright, a concert pianist and a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, auditioned for "America's Got Talent" and made it through to the next round.
Wright's audition was featured on the show Tuesday, showing the pianist's fast-paced skill while paint oozed out of the keys and flames burst from the instrument's belly.
The judges called him "fantastic," and they all agreed to send him to the next round.
"Thank u all 4 your kindness with tuning in for my America's Got Talent audition," Wright posted on Twitter. "Fun that they showed it tonight!"
Thank u all 4 your kindness with tuning in for my America's Got Talent audition. Fun that they showed it tonight! pic.twitter.com/1RbVz4jQMv— Josh Wright (@joshwrightpiano) July 2, 2014
Wright received his undergraduate and master's degrees from the University of Utah, and is attending the University of Michigan for his doctor in musical art degree, according to his website. His debut CD reached No. 1 on Billboard's "Classical Traditional" chart in 2011, and he performed at Carnegie Hall in January of this year.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 3 Utah mothers to compete in U.S. Olympic...
- Stress, chocolate and loneliness: How...
- Sherry Young: Can we go from snow sliding...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: The romance of restraint
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on Valentine's Day
- The Clean Cut: Video of mom-and-baby workout...
- Free marriage check-up clinic offered at...
- The heart of the matter: What your pulse says...
- If Splenda gives Swiss rats cancer,... 6
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved... 2
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on... 1
- Sherry Young: Can we go from snow... 1
- The heart of the matter: What your... 0
- Motherhood Matters: How to manage... 0
- The Clean Cut: New trailer for... 0
- UTubers: Devin Graham re-creates... 0