LDS musician Josh Wright moves on to round two on 'America's Got Talent'
Josh Wright, a concert pianist and a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, auditioned for "America's Got Talent" and made it through to the next round.
Wright's audition was featured on the show Tuesday, showing the pianist's fast-paced skill while paint oozed out of the keys and flames burst from the instrument's belly.
The judges called him "fantastic," and they all agreed to send him to the next round.
"Thank u all 4 your kindness with tuning in for my America's Got Talent audition," Wright posted on Twitter. "Fun that they showed it tonight!"
Thank u all 4 your kindness with tuning in for my America's Got Talent audition. Fun that they showed it tonight! pic.twitter.com/1RbVz4jQMv— Josh Wright (@joshwrightpiano) July 2, 2014
Wright received his undergraduate and master's degrees from the University of Utah, and is attending the University of Michigan for his doctor in musical art degree, according to his website. His debut CD reached No. 1 on Billboard's "Classical Traditional" chart in 2011, and he performed at Carnegie Hall in January of this year.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell...
- Five for Families: Football films worth...
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it can...
- Creators of Love Taza blog encourage...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting around the...
- RootsTech 2016 a 25,000-member 'studio audience'
- The Clean Cut: Chicago Blackhawks surprise...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Losing weight with the...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Losing weight... 2
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it... 2
- Amy Choate-Nielsen: Father's... 1
- Tangy orange shrimp dish that's quickly... 1
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting... 1
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell... 1
- Here's an unexpected way to get... 0
- The Clean Cut: People born 9 months... 0