LDS musician Josh Wright moves on to round two on 'America's Got Talent'
Josh Wright, a concert pianist and a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, auditioned for "America's Got Talent" and made it through to the next round.
Wright's audition was featured on the show Tuesday, showing the pianist's fast-paced skill while paint oozed out of the keys and flames burst from the instrument's belly.
The judges called him "fantastic," and they all agreed to send him to the next round.
"Thank u all 4 your kindness with tuning in for my America's Got Talent audition," Wright posted on Twitter. "Fun that they showed it tonight!"
Thank u all 4 your kindness with tuning in for my America's Got Talent audition. Fun that they showed it tonight! pic.twitter.com/1RbVz4jQMv— Josh Wright (@joshwrightpiano) July 2, 2014
Wright received his undergraduate and master's degrees from the University of Utah, and is attending the University of Michigan for his doctor in musical art degree, according to his website. His debut CD reached No. 1 on Billboard's "Classical Traditional" chart in 2011, and he performed at Carnegie Hall in January of this year.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is an awesome mix...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- You think your student is well off? The...
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases 'Danny Boy'...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Who are the Guardians of the Galaxy?
- Two powerful forces make American... 27
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 21
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s... 21
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 20
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 17
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- You think your student is well off? The... 8
- Sex education should start sooner,... 6