SALT LAKE CITY — Free concerts of folk and ethnic music and dance will be presented on selected Monday evenings in July and August at 7 p.m. in front of the Chase Home Museum in the middle of Liberty Park.
Local craft artists also will display their work during the performances. Attendees should bring lawn chairs and blankets.
The concert schedule is as followsComment on this story
• July 7: Khemera Cambodian Dance Troupe and Kenshin Taiko, a Salt Lake City-based group of international musicians.
• July 14: Yunuen Carrillo, mariachi music singer.
• July 21: Kargi Kala Kendra, a Bharata Natyam dance group, and Amoon & Goga Group, an ensemble that plays traditional Pakistani music.
• July 28: Courtney Smith Gospel Group.
• Aug. 4: Nino Reyos, master of the Native American flute, and Harry James, singing songs of his Diné heritage.
• Aug. 11: Rio Bravo Band, Tex-Mex conjunto music.
• Aug. 18: Monika Jalili Quartet, Iranian music and poetry.