Bruno Mars dedicates 'Just The Way You Are' to girl who lost her family in a drunk driving accident
In March 2013, 11-year-old Zumyah Thorpe lost her pregnant mother and two sisters in a drunk driving accident, according to the Huffington Post.
To top it off, Zumyah sustained a traumatic brain injury, experiencing difficulties in her motor and language skills.
But throughout her struggles, there has been one person whose words have helped her form her own: Bruno Mars.
When Zumyah was in the hospital, she was having trouble speaking, but when the nurses played Bruno Mars, she could sing every word, according to a YouTube video.
The Huffington Post reported that Bruno Mars dedicated "Just The Way You Are" to her in a concert in Cleveland on Saturday.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Do we really need milk?
- Motherhood Matters: What if I don’t...
- Your triplets just got even more special
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new song,...
- The Clean Cut: Girl asks boy with Down...
- Baby's introduction to food may include some...
- The Clean Cut: Christian musician releases...
- Utah woman is a finalist on Hallmark...
- Do we really need milk? 20
- Millennials reject capitalism and... 11
- After more than 6 years, 3 families... 11
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain... 6
- Terminating parental rights: State... 2
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new... 2
- Motherhood Matters: What if I... 2
- Baby's introduction to food may include... 1