Bruno Mars dedicates 'Just The Way You Are' to girl who lost her family in a drunk driving accident
In March 2013, 11-year-old Zumyah Thorpe lost her pregnant mother and two sisters in a drunk driving accident, according to the Huffington Post.
To top it off, Zumyah sustained a traumatic brain injury, experiencing difficulties in her motor and language skills.
But throughout her struggles, there has been one person whose words have helped her form her own: Bruno Mars.
When Zumyah was in the hospital, she was having trouble speaking, but when the nurses played Bruno Mars, she could sing every word, according to a YouTube video.
The Huffington Post reported that Bruno Mars dedicated "Just The Way You Are" to her in a concert in Cleveland on Saturday.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utah families share tragic stories of teens...
- The 9 most overlooked threats to a marriage
- Playing favorites can increase the chance a...
- Mom calls out Toys R Us for selling fake...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- The Clean Cut: Ellen DeGeneres gives money to...
- Watch live: Wheatley conference on family
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge... 8
- Studio C teams up with popular indie... 6
- This type of high school can increase... 6
- Bound together: marriage rates and the... 5
- The Clean Cut: Ellen DeGeneres gives... 5
- Can too many dating options be a... 5
- Watch live: Wheatley conference on family 4