Bruno Mars dedicates 'Just The Way You Are' to girl who lost her family in a drunk driving accident
In March 2013, 11-year-old Zumyah Thorpe lost her pregnant mother and two sisters in a drunk driving accident, according to the Huffington Post.
To top it off, Zumyah sustained a traumatic brain injury, experiencing difficulties in her motor and language skills.
But throughout her struggles, there has been one person whose words have helped her form her own: Bruno Mars.
When Zumyah was in the hospital, she was having trouble speaking, but when the nurses played Bruno Mars, she could sing every word, according to a YouTube video.
The Huffington Post reported that Bruno Mars dedicated "Just The Way You Are" to her in a concert in Cleveland on Saturday.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- What makes marriage hard? These 5 things...
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- The Clean Cut: BYU students' video parody...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 53
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 17
- 5 underrated Disney movies 13
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Baby boomers,... 6
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: We pay a price... 5
- What parents can do at home to prepare... 3
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3