Bruno Mars dedicates 'Just The Way You Are' to girl who lost her family in a drunk driving accident
In March 2013, 11-year-old Zumyah Thorpe lost her pregnant mother and two sisters in a drunk driving accident, according to the Huffington Post.
To top it off, Zumyah sustained a traumatic brain injury, experiencing difficulties in her motor and language skills.
But throughout her struggles, there has been one person whose words have helped her form her own: Bruno Mars.
When Zumyah was in the hospital, she was having trouble speaking, but when the nurses played Bruno Mars, she could sing every word, according to a YouTube video.
The Huffington Post reported that Bruno Mars dedicated "Just The Way You Are" to her in a concert in Cleveland on Saturday.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s...
- 6-year-old 'Rapunzel' donates hair to...
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old drumming prodigy...
- The Clean Cut: This ATM gives people much...
- Two powerful forces make American... 27
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 18
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 15
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s... 13
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Many adults delay parenthood for these... 5
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4