Bruno Mars dedicates 'Just The Way You Are' to girl who lost her family in a drunk driving accident
In March 2013, 11-year-old Zumyah Thorpe lost her pregnant mother and two sisters in a drunk driving accident, according to the Huffington Post.
To top it off, Zumyah sustained a traumatic brain injury, experiencing difficulties in her motor and language skills.
But throughout her struggles, there has been one person whose words have helped her form her own: Bruno Mars.
When Zumyah was in the hospital, she was having trouble speaking, but when the nurses played Bruno Mars, she could sing every word, according to a YouTube video.
The Huffington Post reported that Bruno Mars dedicated "Just The Way You Are" to her in a concert in Cleveland on Saturday.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Motherhood Matters: 4 ways to help your...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- Think twice about where you get your baby advice
- 'Dedication to education': Outgoing Utah...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 113
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White... 4
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash... 2
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family... 2
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team... 2
- Mormon thrill ride creator still... 2
- Cruise, Ferguson deliver a winner with... 1
- Renovation Solutions: Finding more... 1