SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake Metro Gang Unit's Public Enemy No. 1 was arrested Tuesday following a tip to police.
Jacob Drake Vigil, 23, was arrested at 4100 S. Redwood Road in front of a Smith's grocery store. Police had followed up on a tip they received and took Vigil into custody without incident, according to Unified Police Sgt. Paul Barker.
Vigil was named Public Enemy No. 1 on Friday. Police described him as "a convicted, multi-state felon with prior arrests for assault, robbery, weapons violations, theft and drugs."
Police issued several felony warrants on Vigil for three counts of discharge of a firearm, robbery, as well as a warrant from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for a gun charge.
A search of court records indicates Vigil pleaded guilty in 2012 to felony discharge of a firearm, assault, burglary of a vehicle and failure to stop at the command of law enforcement. Other 2012 charges were dismissed, including two counts of felony discharge of a firearm, criminal mischief and theft.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- Understanding Israel and Hamas: Why this...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26