SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake Metro Gang Unit's Public Enemy No. 1 was arrested Tuesday following a tip to police.
Jacob Drake Vigil, 23, was arrested at 4100 S. Redwood Road in front of a Smith's grocery store. Police had followed up on a tip they received and took Vigil into custody without incident, according to Unified Police Sgt. Paul Barker.
Vigil was named Public Enemy No. 1 on Friday. Police described him as "a convicted, multi-state felon with prior arrests for assault, robbery, weapons violations, theft and drugs."
Police issued several felony warrants on Vigil for three counts of discharge of a firearm, robbery, as well as a warrant from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for a gun charge.
A search of court records indicates Vigil pleaded guilty in 2012 to felony discharge of a firearm, assault, burglary of a vehicle and failure to stop at the command of law enforcement. Other 2012 charges were dismissed, including two counts of felony discharge of a firearm, criminal mischief and theft.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21