SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake Metro Gang Unit's Public Enemy No. 1 was arrested Tuesday following a tip to police.
Jacob Drake Vigil, 23, was arrested at 4100 S. Redwood Road in front of a Smith's grocery store. Police had followed up on a tip they received and took Vigil into custody without incident, according to Unified Police Sgt. Paul Barker.
Vigil was named Public Enemy No. 1 on Friday. Police described him as "a convicted, multi-state felon with prior arrests for assault, robbery, weapons violations, theft and drugs."
Police issued several felony warrants on Vigil for three counts of discharge of a firearm, robbery, as well as a warrant from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for a gun charge.
A search of court records indicates Vigil pleaded guilty in 2012 to felony discharge of a firearm, assault, burglary of a vehicle and failure to stop at the command of law enforcement. Other 2012 charges were dismissed, including two counts of felony discharge of a firearm, criminal mischief and theft.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- 'Somebody knows what happened,' daughter...
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Rally in support of police also draws... 39
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 22
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9