Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — United Way of Salt Lake has welcomed five new members to its board of directors, which now comprises 53 leaders.
The organization also formally installed officers and members of the executive committee for the 2014-15 fiscal year.
The new members are Michael Anglin, director of enterprise sales for UPS; Rep. Rebecca Chavez-Houck, D-Salt Lake City; Catherine Angstman, vice president of private bank for Wells Fargo; Peggy Larsen, senior vice president of marketing and branch operations for Workers Compensation Fund; and Kevin Potts, vice president of plan services for Union Pacific Railroad Employees Health Systems.
“We’re thrilled to welcome these dynamic community leaders to our board of directors,” said Deborah Bayle, United Way of Salt Lake president and CEO. “Their visionary leadership and expertise will ensure United Way of Salt Lake has a tremendous and lasting impact in the community by creating an environment where kids and families reach their potential from cradle to career.”
The members began their terms Tuesday and will serve three years. They are eligible for up to a second two-year term.
The board's role is to guarantee legal, fiduciary and fiscal accountability. The board also ensures the organization functions by its own bylaws and policies and within state and federal law.
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- UDOT to release preliminary results of S.R....
- Democrats say county primary election voter...
- Walking tour, barbecue Saturday in Murray
- Wife of Sandy man killed by police sues West...
- GOED announces nearly $2 million in...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 14
- Utah defends busting theater for... 12