Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — United Way of Salt Lake has welcomed five new members to its board of directors, which now comprises 53 leaders.
The organization also formally installed officers and members of the executive committee for the 2014-15 fiscal year.
The new members are Michael Anglin, director of enterprise sales for UPS; Rep. Rebecca Chavez-Houck, D-Salt Lake City; Catherine Angstman, vice president of private bank for Wells Fargo; Peggy Larsen, senior vice president of marketing and branch operations for Workers Compensation Fund; and Kevin Potts, vice president of plan services for Union Pacific Railroad Employees Health Systems.
“We’re thrilled to welcome these dynamic community leaders to our board of directors,” said Deborah Bayle, United Way of Salt Lake president and CEO. “Their visionary leadership and expertise will ensure United Way of Salt Lake has a tremendous and lasting impact in the community by creating an environment where kids and families reach their potential from cradle to career.”
The members began their terms Tuesday and will serve three years. They are eligible for up to a second two-year term.
The board's role is to guarantee legal, fiduciary and fiscal accountability. The board also ensures the organization functions by its own bylaws and policies and within state and federal law.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 49
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23