Sue Ogrocki, Associated Press
Liberals are wrong to label Monday's Supreme Court ruling in favor of Hobby Lobby as a loss for liberalism, according to The Week's Damon Linker.
"Why should even a single woman have to endure any extra burden at all when it comes to her reproductive health?" Linker wrote on Tuesday. "Because we live in a world, and in a country, in which some people (including some women) disagree with your vision of the good — and you don't always get to use government coercion to force them to act in ways that violate their beliefs."
According to Linker, allowing individuals and companies freedom to express belief, even if it seems inconvenient or unnecessary, is key to a core element of liberalism: Pluralism.
- Jay Evensen: Can Chaffetz fix the Postal...
- My View: Protecting Moab through a Master...
- Arthur Cyr: How Harry Potter creator trumps...
- Jay Evensen: Be forgiving, you might live longer
- In our opinion: Drone use must be regulated...
- Kathleen Parker: Has penitent sinner Trump...
- Dan Liljenquist: Ignoring basic economics in...
- Letter: Founders and 2nd Amendment
- Letter: Founders and 2nd Amendment 93
- Letter: Register kitchen knives 43
- Letter: Climate change disagreements 42
- Letter: Knowledge about guns 30
- In our opinion: Leaders must do what... 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Ignoring basic... 28
- Kathleen Parker: Has penitent sinner... 25
- In our opinion: California considering... 22