Sue Ogrocki, Associated Press
Liberals are wrong to label Monday's Supreme Court ruling in favor of Hobby Lobby as a loss for liberalism, according to The Week's Damon Linker.
"Why should even a single woman have to endure any extra burden at all when it comes to her reproductive health?" Linker wrote on Tuesday. "Because we live in a world, and in a country, in which some people (including some women) disagree with your vision of the good — and you don't always get to use government coercion to force them to act in ways that violate their beliefs."
According to Linker, allowing individuals and companies freedom to express belief, even if it seems inconvenient or unnecessary, is key to a core element of liberalism: Pluralism.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 55
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 29
- My view: What message does Melania's... 25