Sue Ogrocki, Associated Press
Liberals are wrong to label Monday's Supreme Court ruling in favor of Hobby Lobby as a loss for liberalism, according to The Week's Damon Linker.
"Why should even a single woman have to endure any extra burden at all when it comes to her reproductive health?" Linker wrote on Tuesday. "Because we live in a world, and in a country, in which some people (including some women) disagree with your vision of the good — and you don't always get to use government coercion to force them to act in ways that violate their beliefs."
According to Linker, allowing individuals and companies freedom to express belief, even if it seems inconvenient or unnecessary, is key to a core element of liberalism: Pluralism.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29