Sue Ogrocki, Associated Press
Liberals are wrong to label Monday's Supreme Court ruling in favor of Hobby Lobby as a loss for liberalism, according to The Week's Damon Linker.
"Why should even a single woman have to endure any extra burden at all when it comes to her reproductive health?" Linker wrote on Tuesday. "Because we live in a world, and in a country, in which some people (including some women) disagree with your vision of the good — and you don't always get to use government coercion to force them to act in ways that violate their beliefs."
According to Linker, allowing individuals and companies freedom to express belief, even if it seems inconvenient or unnecessary, is key to a core element of liberalism: Pluralism.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 45
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 45
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 35
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 24
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 19