The debate is over and the verdict is in. Global warming is happening and humans are the primary cause. Just last month was the hottest May on record. If you care for your own future or those of coming generations we must not bury our heads in the warming sands or the plethora of digital worlds.
Fortunately, there is plenty each of us can do. Here are just a few ideas: Educate yourself, and don’t be afraid of knowledge. Then, take action guided by truth. Write to your leaders and demand action. Join and support an environmental organization. Eat less meat. Consume less, connect more. Reduce, reuse, recycle (in order of impact). Bike, walk or use transit. Support green energy through local utilities and farmers markets. Unplug more. Discuss it with friends and family.
We must realize change is required and act accordingly.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 30
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24