As a mother of a retired police office, I too am sorry about the death of a precious family pet. But as such, I believe priorities that put animals above human life are misguided. All of my children have family pets that are loved completely. But as a mother I would prefer the life of my son be spared rather than the animals.
Police officers are only allowed a split second to make a decision about their actions. Officer Olsen can not be replaced by his family or the community. He has shown his value in past tragedies, and chose his decision in those split second choices. I would have a hard time writing a hate letter to anyone, who has had to make the choices that all police officers do daily. I continue to support our police, and would hope that more of the population would feel the same. Try walking in their shoes for 24 hours, and then make your judgment.
- In our opinion: The breach between mass...
- David Blankenhorn: Overcoming the blindness...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- Drew Clark: Deeply felt religious faith, of...
- Letter: Excess political science
- Letter: 'Kate's Law'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Speaker of...
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second... 88
- In our opinion: The breach between mass... 54
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum... 51
- Letter: Greater security 51
- Letter: Our French Revolution 30
- Letter: Excess political science 30
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil... 26
- Letter: Kill off expansion 25