As a mother of a retired police office, I too am sorry about the death of a precious family pet. But as such, I believe priorities that put animals above human life are misguided. All of my children have family pets that are loved completely. But as a mother I would prefer the life of my son be spared rather than the animals.
Police officers are only allowed a split second to make a decision about their actions. Officer Olsen can not be replaced by his family or the community. He has shown his value in past tragedies, and chose his decision in those split second choices. I would have a hard time writing a hate letter to anyone, who has had to make the choices that all police officers do daily. I continue to support our police, and would hope that more of the population would feel the same. Try walking in their shoes for 24 hours, and then make your judgment.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- My view: European view of American soft power
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 59
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 47
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 32
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 28