As a mother of a retired police office, I too am sorry about the death of a precious family pet. But as such, I believe priorities that put animals above human life are misguided. All of my children have family pets that are loved completely. But as a mother I would prefer the life of my son be spared rather than the animals.
Police officers are only allowed a split second to make a decision about their actions. Officer Olsen can not be replaced by his family or the community. He has shown his value in past tragedies, and chose his decision in those split second choices. I would have a hard time writing a hate letter to anyone, who has had to make the choices that all police officers do daily. I continue to support our police, and would hope that more of the population would feel the same. Try walking in their shoes for 24 hours, and then make your judgment.
- President Boyd K. Packer — 'defender'...
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- Letter: Patriotism has not died
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- Letter: The Fourth
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- Greg Bell: Smartphones, tablets, laptops are...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21