As a mother of a retired police office, I too am sorry about the death of a precious family pet. But as such, I believe priorities that put animals above human life are misguided. All of my children have family pets that are loved completely. But as a mother I would prefer the life of my son be spared rather than the animals.
Police officers are only allowed a split second to make a decision about their actions. Officer Olsen can not be replaced by his family or the community. He has shown his value in past tragedies, and chose his decision in those split second choices. I would have a hard time writing a hate letter to anyone, who has had to make the choices that all police officers do daily. I continue to support our police, and would hope that more of the population would feel the same. Try walking in their shoes for 24 hours, and then make your judgment.
- Jay Evensen: Be forgiving, you might live longer
- My view: Conservatives must lead the fight...
- Peter Morici: African-Americans should start...
- In our opinion: Leaders must do what leaders...
- Mike Lee: Commending Utah’s academy...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Obama's Social Security...
- Letter: Register kitchen knives
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- Letter: Register kitchen knives 46
- Letter: Shooter's motives 31
- In our opinion: Leaders must do what... 30
- In our opinion: California considering... 29
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 27
- Peter Morici: African-Americans should... 24
- My view: Conservatives must lead the... 21
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18