The Clean Cut: Advertisement examines what it means to 'run like a girl'
The company Always recently released an advertisement that addresses the impact of the phrase "like a girl."
The video begins by asking men and women what it means to throw and run like a girl. Each person demonstrates what comes to mind. A group of young girls are then brought in and asked the same questions. This time, rather than demonstrating the action negatively, each girl completes the task the best she can.
Filmmaker and director Lauren Greenfield explained how stereotypes can impact girls dramatically.
"In my work as a documentarian, I have witnessed the confidence crisis among girls and the negative impact of stereotypes firsthand," Greenfield said in the video description.
"When the words 'like a girl' are used to mean something bad, it is profoundly disempowering. I am proud to partner with Always to shed light on how this simple phrase can have a significant and long-lasting impact on girls and women. I am excited to be a part of the movement to redefine 'like a girl' into a positive affirmation."
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Avoid giving your baby this food that may...
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new song,...
- Thousands threaten to boycott Target over...
- The effects of spanking children may surprise...
- Utah woman is a finalist on Hallmark...
- UTubers: Kalani Sitake, Al Fox Carraway...
- Dave Ramsey says: When to buy a better car
- Erin Stewart: How I degrade myself as a mom...
- Thousands threaten to boycott Target... 86
- The benefits some families see from... 16
- Erin Stewart: How I degrade myself as a... 15
- The effects of spanking children may... 13
- Suicide rates spike in adolescent... 10
- ... 7
- Families need to know of dying decision... 4
- How social media can make us question... 3