Report: Former Weber State standout Davion Berry to play for Trail Blazers' Summer League team
Matt Gade, Deseret News
Former Weber State standout and defending Big Sky Conference MVP Davion Berry will suit up for the Portland Trail Blazers’ Summer League team, according to various media outlets.
The news was first reported through Twitter by Basketball Insiders editor Alex Kennedy on Friday. Vavel.com writer Rishi Purohit also reported the signing.
Davion Berry will play for the Portland Trail Blazers' summer league team, according to a source.— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) June 27, 2014
Berry, who averaged 19.2 points and 4.2 rebounds per game this past year for the Wildcats, went undrafted in the NBA draft on Thursday.
The Trail Blazers have had recent success with Weber State alumni. Former Wildcat Damian Lillard won NBA Rookie of the Year at the end of the 2012-13 season and was an All-Star this past season.
Berry also led the Wildcats to a Big Sky championship and an NCAA tournament appearance in March.
- Roger Federer pulls out of French Open
- Pacquiao's Senate victory brings him closer...
- Phil Mickelson to forfeit nearly $1 million...
- Perfect 10: Cavs stay unbeaten in postseason,...
- AP source: Lincecum completes $2.5 million...
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 49
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 36
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 29
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 19
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Morning links: Bronco Mendenhall and... 15
- Utah State forward Jalen Moore removes... 7
- Doug Robinson: Principals give era of... 6