Report: Former Weber State standout Davion Berry to play for Trail Blazers' Summer League team
Matt Gade, Deseret News
Former Weber State standout and defending Big Sky Conference MVP Davion Berry will suit up for the Portland Trail Blazers’ Summer League team, according to various media outlets.
The news was first reported through Twitter by Basketball Insiders editor Alex Kennedy on Friday. Vavel.com writer Rishi Purohit also reported the signing.
Davion Berry will play for the Portland Trail Blazers' summer league team, according to a source.— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) June 27, 2014
Berry, who averaged 19.2 points and 4.2 rebounds per game this past year for the Wildcats, went undrafted in the NBA draft on Thursday.
The Trail Blazers have had recent success with Weber State alumni. Former Wildcat Damian Lillard won NBA Rookie of the Year at the end of the 2012-13 season and was an All-Star this past season.
Berry also led the Wildcats to a Big Sky championship and an NCAA tournament appearance in March.
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 63
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28