Report: Former Weber State standout Davion Berry to play for Trail Blazers' Summer League team
Matt Gade, Deseret News
Former Weber State standout and defending Big Sky Conference MVP Davion Berry will suit up for the Portland Trail Blazers’ Summer League team, according to various media outlets.
The news was first reported through Twitter by Basketball Insiders editor Alex Kennedy on Friday. Vavel.com writer Rishi Purohit also reported the signing.
Davion Berry will play for the Portland Trail Blazers' summer league team, according to a source.— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) June 27, 2014
Berry, who averaged 19.2 points and 4.2 rebounds per game this past year for the Wildcats, went undrafted in the NBA draft on Thursday.
The Trail Blazers have had recent success with Weber State alumni. Former Wildcat Damian Lillard won NBA Rookie of the Year at the end of the 2012-13 season and was an All-Star this past season.
Berry also led the Wildcats to a Big Sky championship and an NCAA tournament appearance in March.
- BYU football: Suspensions impacting both BYU...
- Cougars in the pros: Lasike scores first pro...
- Friday night lights: Live coverage of the...
- BYU at Nebraska football: How to watch and...
- Hill-led BYU offense looking for strong...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Sept. 4
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to win...
- Brad Rock: Utes to Harbaugh: Update your...
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to... 114
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 80
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 74
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has... 44
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 37
- Brad Rock: Take expletives, not... 36
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 30