Report: Former Weber State standout Davion Berry to play for Trail Blazers' Summer League team
Matt Gade, Deseret News
Former Weber State standout and defending Big Sky Conference MVP Davion Berry will suit up for the Portland Trail Blazers’ Summer League team, according to various media outlets.
The news was first reported through Twitter by Basketball Insiders editor Alex Kennedy on Friday. Vavel.com writer Rishi Purohit also reported the signing.
Davion Berry will play for the Portland Trail Blazers' summer league team, according to a source.— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) June 27, 2014
Berry, who averaged 19.2 points and 4.2 rebounds per game this past year for the Wildcats, went undrafted in the NBA draft on Thursday.
The Trail Blazers have had recent success with Weber State alumni. Former Wildcat Damian Lillard won NBA Rookie of the Year at the end of the 2012-13 season and was an All-Star this past season.
Berry also led the Wildcats to a Big Sky championship and an NCAA tournament appearance in March.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 78
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14