Report: Former Weber State standout Davion Berry to play for Trail Blazers' Summer League team
Matt Gade, Deseret News
Former Weber State standout and defending Big Sky Conference MVP Davion Berry will suit up for the Portland Trail Blazers’ Summer League team, according to various media outlets.
The news was first reported through Twitter by Basketball Insiders editor Alex Kennedy on Friday. Vavel.com writer Rishi Purohit also reported the signing.
Davion Berry will play for the Portland Trail Blazers' summer league team, according to a source.— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) June 27, 2014
Berry, who averaged 19.2 points and 4.2 rebounds per game this past year for the Wildcats, went undrafted in the NBA draft on Thursday.
The Trail Blazers have had recent success with Weber State alumni. Former Wildcat Damian Lillard won NBA Rookie of the Year at the end of the 2012-13 season and was an All-Star this past season.
Berry also led the Wildcats to a Big Sky championship and an NCAA tournament appearance in March.
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18