The women who are demonstrating near the LDS Church Office buildings in Salt Lake City because they want to be eligible to hold the Priesthood should understand that there are good reasons why they are denied that privilege.
Women are different from men. They should be treated fairly, but equally in this situation does not make sense. Mothers and infants have strong love for each other, and the father is often a bystander because he has different roles. If this were not universally followed it seems obvious that the human race would disappear in a few generations. Her role is supremely important.
Salt Lake City
- About Utah: They got exactly what they wished...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution
- My view: TPA trade agreement counts as...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies undertaken...
- Letter: Land for the young people
- Letter: Sovereign flag
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: 7 inconsistencies...
- In our opinion: After court's marriage...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 58
- Letter: Sovereign flag 44
- In our opinion: After court's marriage... 42
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: 7... 38
- In our opinion: In wake of ACA ruling,... 29
- George F. Will: Chief Justice John... 22
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 19
- Sistas in Zion: Reaction to racial... 18