The women who are demonstrating near the LDS Church Office buildings in Salt Lake City because they want to be eligible to hold the Priesthood should understand that there are good reasons why they are denied that privilege.
Women are different from men. They should be treated fairly, but equally in this situation does not make sense. Mothers and infants have strong love for each other, and the father is often a bystander because he has different roles. If this were not universally followed it seems obvious that the human race would disappear in a few generations. Her role is supremely important.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Long-term...
- In our opinion: Liberal arts vs STEM...
- My view: History reveals some correct beliefs...
- Drew Clark: After 50 years, Moore's Law...
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Letter: Next president?
- Letter: Costly benefits
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 40
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27