The women who are demonstrating near the LDS Church Office buildings in Salt Lake City because they want to be eligible to hold the Priesthood should understand that there are good reasons why they are denied that privilege.
Women are different from men. They should be treated fairly, but equally in this situation does not make sense. Mothers and infants have strong love for each other, and the father is often a bystander because he has different roles. If this were not universally followed it seems obvious that the human race would disappear in a few generations. Her role is supremely important.
Salt Lake City
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Is it time for our first woman president? 53
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10
- Radon, the unrecognized killer 10
- In our opinion: Legislators need to... 9