The women who are demonstrating near the LDS Church Office buildings in Salt Lake City because they want to be eligible to hold the Priesthood should understand that there are good reasons why they are denied that privilege.
Women are different from men. They should be treated fairly, but equally in this situation does not make sense. Mothers and infants have strong love for each other, and the father is often a bystander because he has different roles. If this were not universally followed it seems obvious that the human race would disappear in a few generations. Her role is supremely important.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 71
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22
- Letter: Idle elimination 19