The women who are demonstrating near the LDS Church Office buildings in Salt Lake City because they want to be eligible to hold the Priesthood should understand that there are good reasons why they are denied that privilege.
Women are different from men. They should be treated fairly, but equally in this situation does not make sense. Mothers and infants have strong love for each other, and the father is often a bystander because he has different roles. If this were not universally followed it seems obvious that the human race would disappear in a few generations. Her role is supremely important.
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 30
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 28
- Letter: Sharing culpability 21
- Letter: Distance from religion 19
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- Prisons bring much positive change 13
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices... 12