MAGNA — A man was hospitalized early Saturday after being critically injured in a shooting.
The 22-year-old was shot twice in the back around 1:35 a.m. while at 3019 S. 7750 West, Unified Police Lt. Rosie Rivera said. The victim had been at a party, left, and then returned after he was shot.
Rivera said it is believed he was shot down the street from the party. Three suspects fled the area in two different cars.
Officers noticed a black Mustang that fit the description of one of the suspect vehicles in the area traveling at a high rate of speed. River said they attempted to stop the vehicle and a pursuit began.
Those in the car eventually left the vehicle and fled on foot and two men were detained when they later returned to the scene of the shooting. Police are still searching for a third man.
The motive for the shooting is unknown and it remains under investigation. Rivera said it is unknown if the incident is gang-related or whether the men involved knew each other.
The victim was hospitalized in critical condition and underwent surgery Saturday. He was upgraded to serious condition following surgery, Rivera said.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- What Utah voters need to know for the 2016...
- ‘My Story Matters’ gives refugees...
- Fire forces evacuation of 185 Pine Valley homes
- Young Magna girl struggles to find her voice
- BLM investigating 18 burro deaths after roundup
- Two more charged in fatal 'robbery gone bad'
- State administrative services department boss...
- Utahns compete, succeed on 'American Ninja...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 28
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 19