MAGNA — A man was hospitalized early Saturday after being critically injured in a shooting.
The 22-year-old was shot twice in the back around 1:35 a.m. while at 3019 S. 7750 West, Unified Police Lt. Rosie Rivera said. The victim had been at a party, left, and then returned after he was shot.
Rivera said it is believed he was shot down the street from the party. Three suspects fled the area in two different cars.
Officers noticed a black Mustang that fit the description of one of the suspect vehicles in the area traveling at a high rate of speed. River said they attempted to stop the vehicle and a pursuit began.
Those in the car eventually left the vehicle and fled on foot and two men were detained when they later returned to the scene of the shooting. Police are still searching for a third man.
The motive for the shooting is unknown and it remains under investigation. Rivera said it is unknown if the incident is gang-related or whether the men involved knew each other.
The victim was hospitalized in critical condition and underwent surgery Saturday. He was upgraded to serious condition following surgery, Rivera said.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Fatal Draper house fire was intentionally...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12