MAGNA — A man was hospitalized early Saturday after being critically injured in a shooting.
The 22-year-old was shot twice in the back around 1:35 a.m. while at 3019 S. 7750 West, Unified Police Lt. Rosie Rivera said. The victim had been at a party, left, and then returned after he was shot.
Rivera said it is believed he was shot down the street from the party. Three suspects fled the area in two different cars.
Officers noticed a black Mustang that fit the description of one of the suspect vehicles in the area traveling at a high rate of speed. River said they attempted to stop the vehicle and a pursuit began.
Those in the car eventually left the vehicle and fled on foot and two men were detained when they later returned to the scene of the shooting. Police are still searching for a third man.
The motive for the shooting is unknown and it remains under investigation. Rivera said it is unknown if the incident is gang-related or whether the men involved knew each other.
The victim was hospitalized in critical condition and underwent surgery Saturday. He was upgraded to serious condition following surgery, Rivera said.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 17
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14