MAGNA — A man was hospitalized early Saturday after being critically injured in a shooting.
The 22-year-old was shot twice in the back around 1:35 a.m. while at 3019 S. 7750 West, Unified Police Lt. Rosie Rivera said. The victim had been at a party, left, and then returned after he was shot.
Rivera said it is believed he was shot down the street from the party. Three suspects fled the area in two different cars.
Officers noticed a black Mustang that fit the description of one of the suspect vehicles in the area traveling at a high rate of speed. River said they attempted to stop the vehicle and a pursuit began.
Those in the car eventually left the vehicle and fled on foot and two men were detained when they later returned to the scene of the shooting. Police are still searching for a third man.
The motive for the shooting is unknown and it remains under investigation. Rivera said it is unknown if the incident is gang-related or whether the men involved knew each other.
The victim was hospitalized in critical condition and underwent surgery Saturday. He was upgraded to serious condition following surgery, Rivera said.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- World War II veterans grateful for...
- Protest ride results in charges against...
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 38
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- New definition of homeless would give... 24
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 18