MAGNA — A man was hospitalized early Saturday after being critically injured in a shooting.
The 22-year-old was shot twice in the back around 1:35 a.m. while at 3019 S. 7750 West, Unified Police Lt. Rosie Rivera said. The victim had been at a party, left, and then returned after he was shot.
Rivera said it is believed he was shot down the street from the party. Three suspects fled the area in two different cars.
Officers noticed a black Mustang that fit the description of one of the suspect vehicles in the area traveling at a high rate of speed. River said they attempted to stop the vehicle and a pursuit began.
Those in the car eventually left the vehicle and fled on foot and two men were detained when they later returned to the scene of the shooting. Police are still searching for a third man.
The motive for the shooting is unknown and it remains under investigation. Rivera said it is unknown if the incident is gang-related or whether the men involved knew each other.
The victim was hospitalized in critical condition and underwent surgery Saturday. He was upgraded to serious condition following surgery, Rivera said.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 26
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10