There is probably no other text that more beautifully represents America than the anthem “America the Beautiful.” The words of this song by Katharine Lee Bates (1859-1929), inspired by a view from Pikes Peak in Colorado, portray the diversity and beauties of the United States “from sea to shining sea.”
In this new illustrated version, Utah artist Julie Olson has added arresting artwork visualizing a red balloon’s flight from California's Pacific Beach, across Nevada, through the Balloon Fest of America's Freedom Festival in Provo, over the corn fields of Great Bend, Kansas, to Independence Hall in Philadelphia, to where a child, finally holding the balloon, is seen in the shadow of the Statue of Liberty in New York — which completes the journey.
Accompanying the twelve colorful two-page spreads is an invitation to “discover America” online at DiscoverAmericaBook.com with experiences and new ideas for the celebration of America.
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of...
- The Clean Cut: Beluga whale teases children...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS Ice...
- The Clean Cut: Mothers brought to tears in...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of... 31
- Provo company creates program that... 17
- How your premarital experiences can... 12
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice... 12
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with... 9