The Clean Cut: Man dies hours after marrying, wedding video captures 'heartbreaking fairytale'
Rose petals, pearls and satin are among the traditional trappings of matrimony, so it's no surprise that they make an appearance in a wedding video that's attracting attention on social media. However, it's the groom's nasal cannula, IV catheter and hospital gown that have touched viewers of Rowden and Leizl Pangcoga's wedding footage.
Rowden and Leizl had planned to tie the knot on July 8, according to the video's description. But in the midst of planning their perfect day, the couple learned Rowden had stage IV liver cancer. Cramming preparations that can take months into just 12 hours, the couple held a ceremony on June 11, just 10 hours before Rowden died.
The wedding footage, uploaded by Rowden's brother Hasset, was posted to YouTube June 18. More than 6 million people have viewed what Hasset describes as "a heartbreaking fairytale."
"Our family would like to thank the Main Man up above, Jesus Christ, for orchestrating this very inspiring story. And for giving us enough time to give Rowden what he wanted and show him how loved he was," Hasset wrote in the video's description.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- 2015 summer festivals and celebrations around...
- Motherhood Matters: 6 ways to help your shy...
- Studies show different roles of mothers...
- It's 'trauma season' in Utah for children
- U.S. marriage rate hits new low and may...
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions stealing...
- Family stress and poverty affect... 11
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 10
- Why exposing your children to another... 5
- Disney's 'Tomorrowland' is a... 5
- How strict should parents really be? 5
- 100 deadly days of summer: What you... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Great-grandfather receives honorary... 3