The Clean Cut: Man dies hours after marrying, wedding video captures 'heartbreaking fairytale'
Rose petals, pearls and satin are among the traditional trappings of matrimony, so it's no surprise that they make an appearance in a wedding video that's attracting attention on social media. However, it's the groom's nasal cannula, IV catheter and hospital gown that have touched viewers of Rowden and Leizl Pangcoga's wedding footage.
Rowden and Leizl had planned to tie the knot on July 8, according to the video's description. But in the midst of planning their perfect day, the couple learned Rowden had stage IV liver cancer. Cramming preparations that can take months into just 12 hours, the couple held a ceremony on June 11, just 10 hours before Rowden died.
The wedding footage, uploaded by Rowden's brother Hasset, was posted to YouTube June 18. More than 6 million people have viewed what Hasset describes as "a heartbreaking fairytale."
"Our family would like to thank the Main Man up above, Jesus Christ, for orchestrating this very inspiring story. And for giving us enough time to give Rowden what he wanted and show him how loved he was," Hasset wrote in the video's description.
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- The 20 best family-friendly movies of 2014
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man spend...
- The Clean Cut: Secret Santa hands out...
- 5 things that are changed (or added) in...
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- Did Disney succeed in creating a...
- 'Into the Woods' is campy, dark, more adult...
- 4 in 10 new marriages are multiracial... 6
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man... 6
- Some communities suggest penalizing... 5
- Did Disney succeed in creating a... 3
- The 37 most charitable celebrities 1
- Education reform efforts need to focus... 1
- What can 'Annie' and 'The Lego Movie'... 1
- Marriage questions on the U.S. Census... 1