When ISIS takes over city after city, columnist Richard Davis considers that Obama “got it right” in Iraq.
The intelligence on WMDs in Iraq ultimately proved faulty, but democrats supported the war at the time. Obama can’t change the past. As Commander-In-Chief, he is responsible to make the best of the current reality.
Obama proudly campaigned for bringing the troops home, yet when disaster followed, he changed his tune and now claims it wasn’t his decision. Davis blames the current crisis on “Malaki’s intransigence,” rather than allow Obama to accept any blame for our withdrawal.
- Richard Davis: Lessons of Pioneer Day are...
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18