Michelle Tessier, Deseret News
A TRAX train derailed in front of the Gateway mall in Salt Lake City Thursday morning. Utah Transit Authority Police Lt. Alex Blauer said a switch malfunctioned at the intersection of North Temple and 400 West causing one train car to go left while the other car went right, when in actuality both trains were supposed to go left. About 30 people were on the train at the time, and one person was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. Trains running to the Salt Lake Central Station saw several hours of delays, but all other trains continued on their regular schedule.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14