FORT DUCHESNE, Uintah County — A Uintah County man was critically injured Thursday in a motorcycle crash.
Albert Lance Manning was riding north on 4500 East in the Independence area when he lost control of his motorcycle near 3400 South and crashed into a roadside ditch, Uintah County Sheriff's Cpl. Brian Fletcher said.
Someone spotted the downed motorcycle about 6:30 a.m. and found Manning, 45, unresponsive on the side of the road nearby, Fletcher said.
"We're still trying to figure out how long (Manning) was there before he was found," the corporal said.
Manning was not wearing a helmet. He was transported to Uintah Basin Medical Center in Roosevelt and then flown to a Salt Lake-area hospital.
Authorities believe alcohol use was a factor in the crash, which remains under investigation, Fletcher said.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 29
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13