Man accused of exposing himself at West Jordan store surrenders
WEST JORDAN — A man wanted for allegedly exposing himself to a shopper at a Deseret Industries store has turned himself in to police.
On Wednesday, a man was inside the store, 7166 S. Redwood Road, standing just a couple of feet away from a woman who was shopping, when the woman reportedly turned and saw that the man's genitals were exposed.
The man then walked out of the store as the woman alerted employees, police said.
The 61-year-old man's adult children saw news reports of the incident and recognized their father in the surveillance video that was released, said West Jordan Police Sgt. Dan Roberts. They encouraged him to turn himself in, which he did just before noon on Thursday, Roberts said.
The man, however, denied exposing himself and gave a different account of what happened. Roberts said the man was not arrested Thursday. Investigators will conduct additional interviews and watch more surveillance video before turning the case over to the city attorney of West Jordan who will decide whether charges should be filed.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26