Man accused of exposing himself at West Jordan store surrenders
WEST JORDAN — A man wanted for allegedly exposing himself to a shopper at a Deseret Industries store has turned himself in to police.
On Wednesday, a man was inside the store, 7166 S. Redwood Road, standing just a couple of feet away from a woman who was shopping, when the woman reportedly turned and saw that the man's genitals were exposed.
The man then walked out of the store as the woman alerted employees, police said.
The 61-year-old man's adult children saw news reports of the incident and recognized their father in the surveillance video that was released, said West Jordan Police Sgt. Dan Roberts. They encouraged him to turn himself in, which he did just before noon on Thursday, Roberts said.
The man, however, denied exposing himself and gave a different account of what happened. Roberts said the man was not arrested Thursday. Investigators will conduct additional interviews and watch more surveillance video before turning the case over to the city attorney of West Jordan who will decide whether charges should be filed.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 31
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11