Man accused of exposing himself at West Jordan store surrenders
WEST JORDAN — A man wanted for allegedly exposing himself to a shopper at a Deseret Industries store has turned himself in to police.
On Wednesday, a man was inside the store, 7166 S. Redwood Road, standing just a couple of feet away from a woman who was shopping, when the woman reportedly turned and saw that the man's genitals were exposed.
The man then walked out of the store as the woman alerted employees, police said.
The 61-year-old man's adult children saw news reports of the incident and recognized their father in the surveillance video that was released, said West Jordan Police Sgt. Dan Roberts. They encouraged him to turn himself in, which he did just before noon on Thursday, Roberts said.
The man, however, denied exposing himself and gave a different account of what happened. Roberts said the man was not arrested Thursday. Investigators will conduct additional interviews and watch more surveillance video before turning the case over to the city attorney of West Jordan who will decide whether charges should be filed.
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 32
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 11
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 9