Man accused of exposing himself at West Jordan store surrenders
WEST JORDAN — A man wanted for allegedly exposing himself to a shopper at a Deseret Industries store has turned himself in to police.
On Wednesday, a man was inside the store, 7166 S. Redwood Road, standing just a couple of feet away from a woman who was shopping, when the woman reportedly turned and saw that the man's genitals were exposed.
The man then walked out of the store as the woman alerted employees, police said.
The 61-year-old man's adult children saw news reports of the incident and recognized their father in the surveillance video that was released, said West Jordan Police Sgt. Dan Roberts. They encouraged him to turn himself in, which he did just before noon on Thursday, Roberts said.
The man, however, denied exposing himself and gave a different account of what happened. Roberts said the man was not arrested Thursday. Investigators will conduct additional interviews and watch more surveillance video before turning the case over to the city attorney of West Jordan who will decide whether charges should be filed.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 15