Lindsey Stirling performs at Washington D.C. Temple Visitors' Center
Courtesy of Lindsey Stirling
YouTube sensation Lindsey Stirling made a special appearance at the Washington D.C. Temple Visitors' Center June 25 where she spoke and played her violin.
During an event hosted by the Washington D.C. North Mission and the visitors' center, Stirling played "Shatter Me," a song from her second album with the same title.
"Shatter Me" was released in April and quickly became the No. 1 album on AmazonMP3 and iTunes, according to Stirling's Twitter account.
Hours before the performance, Stirling reached 5 million subscribers on her YouTube channel after posting her 100th video.
In an effort to explain her success, Adweek featured Stirling in a video this week, in which the violinist tells the story of how she became a viral YouTube star.
Stirling, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, performed with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in 2013. She is touring the U.S. and Canada this summer.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- President Uchtdorf dedicates addition to...
- This is even more evidence that Jesus may...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- Mormon Channel releases gritty videos of real...
- Helping people deal with criticisms against...
- How serving an LDS mission prepared me for...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between Lehite...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program 256
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between... 44
- This is even more evidence that Jesus... 14
- Is there too much faith in college... 12
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 10
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto... 8
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins... 8
- Trust, forgiveness and repentance are... 6