Rick Bowmer, AP
DENVER — The Denver Nuggets have brought back Arron Afflalo, acquiring the veteran guard from the Orlando Magic for point guard Evan Fournier and the No. 56 pick in the draft, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on Thursday.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal has yet to be announced.
Afflalo played for the Nuggets for three seasons before being dealt to Orlando on Aug. 10, 2012, as part of the blockbuster four-team, 12-player deal that also involved Dwight Howard. Afflalo averaged 18 points for the Magic last season.
Fournier is an up-and-coming guard whose minutes increased late in the season after Andre Miller was traded to Washington and Nate Robinson went out with a knee injury. Fournier averaged 8.4 points and 1.5 assists in 2013-14.
The 21-year-old Fournier was taken with the 20th overall pick in 2011.
The deal was first reported by Yahoo! Sports.
Denver is coming off an injury-filled 36-46 season in Brian Shaw's first season in charge, missing the postseason for the first time since 2002-03. The Nuggets were without Danilo Gallinari all season as the versatile forward recovered from his ACL injury. JaVale McGee (leg) played only a handful of games, while J.J. Hickson and Robinson tore ACLs. Ty Lawson, Wilson Chandler and Anthony Randolph also were in and out of the lineup.
The Nuggets have the No. 11 pick in the draft Thursday night, along with a second-round selection (No. 41 overall).
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 110
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 64
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 30
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 23
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 20
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8