For an employer, there are few things worse than dealing with a worker who doesn’t believe in the company mission. So much so, in fact, that certain companies are willing to pay such employees to quit.
According to The Week, companies such as Amazon and Zappos forked over thousands of dollars to employees who decide to call it quits. Game development company Riot Games reportedly pays up to $25,000.
“These companies are doing something smart,” The Week’s John Aziz wrote. “They're using basic economic incentives to make sure that they only employ people who are enthusiastic about their work.”
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 13
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 13
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- Is preschool worth the money? 6
- Overdraft and ATM fees higher than ever 4
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 4
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah... 3
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to... 3