For an employer, there are few things worse than dealing with a worker who doesn’t believe in the company mission. So much so, in fact, that certain companies are willing to pay such employees to quit.
According to The Week, companies such as Amazon and Zappos forked over thousands of dollars to employees who decide to call it quits. Game development company Riot Games reportedly pays up to $25,000.
“These companies are doing something smart,” The Week’s John Aziz wrote. “They're using basic economic incentives to make sure that they only employ people who are enthusiastic about their work.”
- The 20 best cities to live in for first-time...
- A solution to paying that medical bill you...
- How depression threatens financial well-being
- Restaurants experimenting with pay-in-advance...
- 7 benefits of taking vacation time
- Navy vet says the effects of this are like...
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but hold...
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000 —...
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 15
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 10
- Food stamp use shows continued... 8
- Want to increase attraction in your... 7
- Balancing act: Readers dispute... 4
- A solution to paying that medical bill... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 4
- Middle-class shoppers more sensitive to... 1