Keith Johnson, Deseret News
Two Utahns were among the 20 qualifiers for this year’s PGA Championship at the PGA Professional National Championship, which concluded Wednesday at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Valley View head pro Dustin Volk finished in a tie for fifth place at 289, including a final-round 71.
Sandy’s Steve Schneiter, who has played in several PGA Championships over the years, shot a final-round 69 to move from 30th place to 11th at 291.
Both Volk and Schneiter will be in the field with the world’s best golfers at the Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, Kentucky, Aug. 7-10.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 66
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51