As I read about the lavish weddings recently, my thoughts go back to my wedding in June 1969. Instead of spending $300,000, my folks opted for the less expensive option of colored balloons in baskets in the ward house gym. Instead of a hot air balloon getaway vehicle, we chose my 1965 Impala.
Our wedding has so far lasted 45 years and produced 5 children and 7 grandchildren, and we are still in love.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Becoming mentally...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Letter: Welfare reform
- Legitimate, productive businesses are...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 80
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising... 50
- Capitalism and the common good:... 42
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36