As I read about the lavish weddings recently, my thoughts go back to my wedding in June 1969. Instead of spending $300,000, my folks opted for the less expensive option of colored balloons in baskets in the ward house gym. Instead of a hot air balloon getaway vehicle, we chose my 1965 Impala.
Our wedding has so far lasted 45 years and produced 5 children and 7 grandchildren, and we are still in love.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics and...
- Letter: Where's the action?
- Letter: BYU in a conference?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 67
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 19
- Letter: Where's the action? 17