As I read about the lavish weddings recently, my thoughts go back to my wedding in June 1969. Instead of spending $300,000, my folks opted for the less expensive option of colored balloons in baskets in the ward house gym. Instead of a hot air balloon getaway vehicle, we chose my 1965 Impala.
Our wedding has so far lasted 45 years and produced 5 children and 7 grandchildren, and we are still in love.
Salt Lake City
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- My view: They run toward danger
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- In our opinion: National security and... 71
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 50
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17