As I read about the lavish weddings recently, my thoughts go back to my wedding in June 1969. Instead of spending $300,000, my folks opted for the less expensive option of colored balloons in baskets in the ward house gym. Instead of a hot air balloon getaway vehicle, we chose my 1965 Impala.
Our wedding has so far lasted 45 years and produced 5 children and 7 grandchildren, and we are still in love.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 61
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 52
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 40
- Letter: Breeding hate 38