As I read about the lavish weddings recently, my thoughts go back to my wedding in June 1969. Instead of spending $300,000, my folks opted for the less expensive option of colored balloons in baskets in the ward house gym. Instead of a hot air balloon getaway vehicle, we chose my 1965 Impala.
Our wedding has so far lasted 45 years and produced 5 children and 7 grandchildren, and we are still in love.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- Get the names right — or suffer...
- Letter: Our great nation?
- Americans are changing their tune on foreign...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Attention diverted
- Why religious organizations should be...
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 44
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 35
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Letter: Society puzzles 32