Runnin' Utes add McDonald's All-American nominee to 2014-15 roster
SALT LAKE CITY — Former Las Vegas-area prep standout Eris Winder will join Larry Krystkowiak's Runnin' Utes team as a walk-on for the upcoming season.
Winder, a 6-foot-1 point guard, averaged 13 points, 4.1 assists and 3 rebounds per game over the course of four years at Palo Verde High School in Las Vegas.
In 2013 — his senior year — he helped Palo Verde to its third-straight regional semifinal appearance. He has since been playing with the Elev8 Sports Institute.
“Eris is a welcome addition to our team for the upcoming season,” head coach Krystkowiak said in a news release. “He brings a competitive spirit along with a hardworking attitude and exemplifies what we look for in a student-athlete here at Utah.”
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33