Runnin' Utes add McDonald's All-American nominee to 2014-15 roster
SALT LAKE CITY — Former Las Vegas-area prep standout Eris Winder will join Larry Krystkowiak's Runnin' Utes team as a walk-on for the upcoming season.
Winder, a 6-foot-1 point guard, averaged 13 points, 4.1 assists and 3 rebounds per game over the course of four years at Palo Verde High School in Las Vegas.
In 2013 — his senior year — he helped Palo Verde to its third-straight regional semifinal appearance. He has since been playing with the Elev8 Sports Institute.
“Eris is a welcome addition to our team for the upcoming season,” head coach Krystkowiak said in a news release. “He brings a competitive spirit along with a hardworking attitude and exemplifies what we look for in a student-athlete here at Utah.”
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- BYU looking to make a big splash at Maui...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Local flavor in the NBA: Lillard continues to...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 144
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 46
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 37
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 24
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21