Runnin' Utes add McDonald's All-American nominee to 2014-15 roster
SALT LAKE CITY — Former Las Vegas-area prep standout Eris Winder will join Larry Krystkowiak's Runnin' Utes team as a walk-on for the upcoming season.
Winder, a 6-foot-1 point guard, averaged 13 points, 4.1 assists and 3 rebounds per game over the course of four years at Palo Verde High School in Las Vegas.
In 2013 — his senior year — he helped Palo Verde to its third-straight regional semifinal appearance. He has since been playing with the Elev8 Sports Institute.
“Eris is a welcome addition to our team for the upcoming season,” head coach Krystkowiak said in a news release. “He brings a competitive spirit along with a hardworking attitude and exemplifies what we look for in a student-athlete here at Utah.”
- BYU-Utah State: How to watch, listen to or...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- Schedule only gets tougher for BYU basketball...
- Cougars relish opportunity to play in-state...
- BYU's bowl destination — Las Vegas or...
- Utah Jazz: Hayward finally has breakout game...
- Brighton four-star recruit Sione Lund commits...
- Old Wagon Wheel live coverage: BYU at Utah State
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 59
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 52
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 42
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 30
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's... 29
- Disappointed Utes determined to bounce... 24