Runnin' Utes add McDonald's All-American nominee to 2014-15 roster
SALT LAKE CITY — Former Las Vegas-area prep standout Eris Winder will join Larry Krystkowiak's Runnin' Utes team as a walk-on for the upcoming season.
Winder, a 6-foot-1 point guard, averaged 13 points, 4.1 assists and 3 rebounds per game over the course of four years at Palo Verde High School in Las Vegas.
In 2013 — his senior year — he helped Palo Verde to its third-straight regional semifinal appearance. He has since been playing with the Elev8 Sports Institute.
“Eris is a welcome addition to our team for the upcoming season,” head coach Krystkowiak said in a news release. “He brings a competitive spirit along with a hardworking attitude and exemplifies what we look for in a student-athlete here at Utah.”
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 45
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 15
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7