Runnin' Utes add McDonald's All-American nominee to 2014-15 roster
SALT LAKE CITY — Former Las Vegas-area prep standout Eris Winder will join Larry Krystkowiak's Runnin' Utes team as a walk-on for the upcoming season.
Winder, a 6-foot-1 point guard, averaged 13 points, 4.1 assists and 3 rebounds per game over the course of four years at Palo Verde High School in Las Vegas.
In 2013 — his senior year — he helped Palo Verde to its third-straight regional semifinal appearance. He has since been playing with the Elev8 Sports Institute.
“Eris is a welcome addition to our team for the upcoming season,” head coach Krystkowiak said in a news release. “He brings a competitive spirit along with a hardworking attitude and exemplifies what we look for in a student-athlete here at Utah.”
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Christian Stewart writes final chapter on...
- Dick Harmon: Sonny Detmer's bloodline about...
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why OU...
- Reports: Jackson Vroman found dead
- Jazz not expected to be a major player (or...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake Heaps'...
- Why is William Penn, a Quaker university in...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 49
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 42
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 27
- Jazz not expected to be a major player... 13
- Dick Harmon: Sonny Detmer's bloodline... 12
- Utah State wide receiver/kick returner... 10
- Former Utah Utes guard Delon Wright... 9