Cookbook review: 'America's Most Wanted Recipes at the Grill' explains how to re-create delicious entrees at home
"AMERICA'S MOST WANTED RECIPES AT THE GRILL," by Ron Douglas, Atria Books, $16, 336 pages
With more than 180 recipes, “America’s Most Wanted Recipes at the Grill” contains several summers’ worth of dinners that can be cooked outside. Author Ron Douglas details how to copycat delectable dinners from restaurants such as Panera Bread, Outback Steakhouse and Olive Garden, to name just a few.
Douglas explains how to cook almost anything on a grill. Clear explanations are given for how to grill beef, chicken, lamb, sausage, seafood and vegetables. Many popular marinades, dipping sauces and rub recipes are also offered in this book, making it possible to mimic those items as well. While the expected burger and steak recipes are given, other recipes, such as salads, pizzas and pasta concoctions, can be re-created also.
While there are a few vegetarian dishes in this cookbook, the majority of the recipes are for carnivores.
Douglas is a best-selling author and founder of RecipeSecrets.net, a popular copycat recipe website. He lives in New York with his family.
Elizabeth Reid has bachelor's degrees in economics and history. She has worked in retail, medical billing, catering, education and business fields. Her favorite occupation is that of wife and mother. She blogs at gelatoandchocolate.blogspot.com.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is an awesome mix...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Who are the Guardians of the Galaxy?
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: The biggest...
- 10 ways Disney can help those with autism
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 3 points for parents
- Drive-By Art aims to beautify Salt Lake...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 17
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days 6
- George W. Bush writes book about father 3
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2
- Farewell, Monty Python 2