Cookbook review: 'America's Most Wanted Recipes at the Grill' explains how to re-create delicious entrees at home
"AMERICA'S MOST WANTED RECIPES AT THE GRILL," by Ron Douglas, Atria Books, $16, 336 pages
With more than 180 recipes, “America’s Most Wanted Recipes at the Grill” contains several summers’ worth of dinners that can be cooked outside. Author Ron Douglas details how to copycat delectable dinners from restaurants such as Panera Bread, Outback Steakhouse and Olive Garden, to name just a few.
Douglas explains how to cook almost anything on a grill. Clear explanations are given for how to grill beef, chicken, lamb, sausage, seafood and vegetables. Many popular marinades, dipping sauces and rub recipes are also offered in this book, making it possible to mimic those items as well. While the expected burger and steak recipes are given, other recipes, such as salads, pizzas and pasta concoctions, can be re-created also.
While there are a few vegetarian dishes in this cookbook, the majority of the recipes are for carnivores.
Douglas is a best-selling author and founder of RecipeSecrets.net, a popular copycat recipe website. He lives in New York with his family.
Elizabeth Reid has bachelor's degrees in economics and history. She has worked in retail, medical billing, catering, education and business fields. Her favorite occupation is that of wife and mother. She blogs at gelatoandchocolate.blogspot.com.
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with Katniss
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming video...
- The Clean Cut: Christian funnyman Michael Jr....
- The unstoppable powerhouse of Disney's Frozen
- Three gluten-free pumpkin pie options
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 10
- Jennifer Lawrence: Privacy loss that... 4
- FanX returns in January with 'Star... 4
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys'... 3
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming... 3
- Model-TV host Dickinson accuses Cosby... 2
- Going gluten-free for Thanksgiving 2
- 'Dumb and Dumber To' tops box office... 1