Cookbook review: 'Virgil's Barbecue Road Trip Cookbook' sizzles with deliciousness
"VIRGIL'S BARBECUE ROAD TRIP COOKBOOK," by Neal Corman with Chris Peterson, St. Martin's Press, $29.99, 336 pages
One of the key ingredients to summer is barbecue and what better way to start this summer off than with "Virgil's Barbecue Road Trip Cookbook."
Neal Corman, the corporate executive chef of the Alicart Restaurant Group, along with the help of freelance writer Chris Peterson, has put together a collection of mouthwatering barbecue recipes that have been tried and tested all over the country, putting them in one cookbook that allows home chefs to make them without ever leaving their backyards.
After some tips on barbecuing, such as different styles of smoking or grilling, and how to cook that meal to just the right tenderness, "Virgil's Barbecue Road Trip Cookbook" is easily organized into sections from Starters and Salads, Rubs, Marinades and Sauces to Drinks and Sweets. There are even chapters designated for different meats of choice, including beef, pork, poultry and seafood.
Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions from thawing methods and curing to temperature and cooking time suggestions.
If all the recipes look too good to decide which one to try first, Corman has a chapter of suggested menus just right for a traditional barbecue, game-day spread or special birthday gatherings.
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family perform...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch
- UTubers: Stuart Edge performs a magic trick...
- We're doing youth soccer wrong:... 9
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 9
- Amy Donaldson: James Lawrence had to do... 7
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living... 3
- Erin Stewart: Put down the phone and drive 2
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash... 2
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family... 2
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team... 2