Cookbook review: 'Gastro Grilling' takes grilling to a delicious new level
"GASTRO GRILLING: Fired-Up Recipes to Grill Great Everyday Meals," by Ted Reader, Pintail, $25, 373 pages
By definition, gastronomy is the practice or art of choosing, cooking and eating good food. Gastronomic restaurants have been popping up around the country for the past several years. A newer trend is to create that same dining experience in one’s own home.
While preparing a gastronomy-type meal may seem difficult for an at-home chef or beginning cook, one of the easiest ways to start is with a backyard grill. Most people already have some type of grill at their home, plus they are easy to use.
“Gastro Grilling: Fired-up Recipes to Grill Great Everyday Meals” is a cookbook written by Ted Reader that includes information about different ways to grill — different types of charcoal for providing differing flavors to your meals, tips and tricks to use plank grilling techniques and much more.
Reader compiled more than 130 different recipes for every palette. From simple appetizers to complete entrées, the book’s recipes call for practically every type of ingredient imaginable.
The only real downside to “Gastro Grilling” is that many of the recipes call for ingredients that some people don’t normally keep on hand or that may be hard to find. Other recipes — such as Grilled Frog Legs with Frog Sauce — may not sound appetizing to some people.
But with a little patience, as well as an open mind for trying new things, it opens up the possibility of having an amazing food experience without a restaurant reservation.
Landon Walters is a history and political science major at Salt Lake Community College. He is an avid sports fan and loves writing. Email: email@example.com
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Disney and Pixar movie quiz: 25 quotes from...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...
- The Clean Cut: Modern-day good Samaritan...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- The Clean Cut: Lindsey Stirling visits the...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 31
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 16
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks... 10
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge... 8
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline... 8
- It's 2014: Are all our schools... 6
- Watch: Wheatley conference on family 5