Cookbook review: 'Gastro Grilling' takes grilling to a delicious new level
"GASTRO GRILLING: Fired-Up Recipes to Grill Great Everyday Meals," by Ted Reader, Pintail, $25, 373 pages
By definition, gastronomy is the practice or art of choosing, cooking and eating good food. Gastronomic restaurants have been popping up around the country for the past several years. A newer trend is to create that same dining experience in one’s own home.
While preparing a gastronomy-type meal may seem difficult for an at-home chef or beginning cook, one of the easiest ways to start is with a backyard grill. Most people already have some type of grill at their home, plus they are easy to use.
“Gastro Grilling: Fired-up Recipes to Grill Great Everyday Meals” is a cookbook written by Ted Reader that includes information about different ways to grill — different types of charcoal for providing differing flavors to your meals, tips and tricks to use plank grilling techniques and much more.
Reader compiled more than 130 different recipes for every palette. From simple appetizers to complete entrées, the book’s recipes call for practically every type of ingredient imaginable.
The only real downside to “Gastro Grilling” is that many of the recipes call for ingredients that some people don’t normally keep on hand or that may be hard to find. Other recipes — such as Grilled Frog Legs with Frog Sauce — may not sound appetizing to some people.
But with a little patience, as well as an open mind for trying new things, it opens up the possibility of having an amazing food experience without a restaurant reservation.
Landon Walters is a history and political science major at Salt Lake Community College. He is an avid sports fan and loves writing. Email: email@example.com
- Understanding love, handling conflict, other...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- A community comes together to support a...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie?
- Utah company brings Disney characters to...
- Intuition: The sweet spot between helicopter...
- 13-year-old keeps dad alive after he was...
- Want your marriage to last? Have another child
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 15
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 13
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 10
- Trust, forgiveness and repentance are... 7
- As Common Core results trickle in,... 5
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into... 5
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- The Clean Cut: 5-year-old British boy... 3