Tom Smart, Deseret News
The Utah Highway Patrol is using its Boost 'Til 8 campaign to encourage parents to ensure they have proper car seats for their children. Information is available at clickitutah.com/children.php, and seat fitting station locations can be found at www.boosttil8.org/fitting_stations.php
Keeping kids safe in cars is important year-round, and summer is a great time to make sure Utah kids are in the right car seat. Choosing the seat and making sure it’s installed correctly are critical, but many parents find the criteria for proper seats and when to move their children to the next step confusing. Child passenger safety technicians will help eliminate the confusion by discussing the “Four Steps for Kids,” demonstrating correct installation and directing parents to the many resources available in Utah to help them make sure their kids are traveling safely.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8