Lexi Walker, Utah's One Voice Children's Choir make it through auditions on 'America's Got Talent'
The One Voice Children's Choir from Utah, best known for its "Let It Go" performance with Alex Boye, appeared Sunday on NBC's "America's Got Talent" as it auditioned to be a part of the show's latest season.
The group that performed Sunday consisted of 100 children ages 4-17, including YouTube sensation Lexi Walker, 12. Walker was one of three soloists during the group's performance of Ellie Goulding's "Burn."
Following the choir's performance, judge Howard Stern praised the children for their talent.
"I've said it before, and I'll say it again. In the singing category, we look for moments. Some people describe it as chills or the hair on their arm goes up, or something like that," Stern said.
"If you get one of those moments, you're pretty good. It's what you need, at least. You guys had about 50 of those moments."
Fellow judge Heidi Klum agreed with Stern.
"I just think you're great. I mean, you can sing!" Heidi Klum said. "Wow. I love the passion that you have. I really liked it."
But judges Mel B and Howie Mandel were not as easily impressed.
"The first half of this audition was not good," Mel B said. "When you came in with your ad-lib, it took it to a different level, and you all of a sudden got in tune and you got together and you got connected."
Stern disagreed with the criticism and fought for the group's ability to move on in the competition.
"They don't know when they've got gold. You're gold," Stern said.
Stern and Klum voted yes and Mandel voted no, leaving the final decision up to Mel B.
"Mel, I'm going to get on my hands and knees and tell you that America is going to love these people," Stern said. "I'm begging you. Give them a chance. Just give them a shot. They are good."
With Stern on his knees and the audience chanting in support, Mel B agreed to send the Utah group through to the next round.
Watch the entire episode on NBC.com.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Alex Boye to make second appearance on NBC's...
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- 20 things I wish I would have known before...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- Motherhood Matters: 4 ways to help your...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 116
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White... 4
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen' 3
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash... 2
- Mormon thrill ride creator still... 2
- 20 things I wish I would have known... 2
- Cruise, Ferguson deliver a winner with... 1
- Renovation Solutions: Finding more... 1