Lexi Walker, Utah's One Voice Children's Choir make it through auditions on 'America's Got Talent'
The One Voice Children's Choir from Utah, best known for its "Let It Go" performance with Alex Boye, appeared Sunday on NBC's "America's Got Talent" as it auditioned to be a part of the show's latest season.
The group that performed Sunday consisted of 100 children ages 4-17, including YouTube sensation Lexi Walker, 12. Walker was one of three soloists during the group's performance of Ellie Goulding's "Burn."
Following the choir's performance, judge Howard Stern praised the children for their talent.
"I've said it before, and I'll say it again. In the singing category, we look for moments. Some people describe it as chills or the hair on their arm goes up, or something like that," Stern said.
"If you get one of those moments, you're pretty good. It's what you need, at least. You guys had about 50 of those moments."
Fellow judge Heidi Klum agreed with Stern.
"I just think you're great. I mean, you can sing!" Heidi Klum said. "Wow. I love the passion that you have. I really liked it."
But judges Mel B and Howie Mandel were not as easily impressed.
"The first half of this audition was not good," Mel B said. "When you came in with your ad-lib, it took it to a different level, and you all of a sudden got in tune and you got together and you got connected."
Stern disagreed with the criticism and fought for the group's ability to move on in the competition.
"They don't know when they've got gold. You're gold," Stern said.
Stern and Klum voted yes and Mandel voted no, leaving the final decision up to Mel B.
"Mel, I'm going to get on my hands and knees and tell you that America is going to love these people," Stern said. "I'm begging you. Give them a chance. Just give them a shot. They are good."
With Stern on his knees and the audience chanting in support, Mel B agreed to send the Utah group through to the next round.
Watch the entire episode on NBC.com.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old boy performs 'Do...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- The Clean Cut: Child plays peekaboo with...
- Nonprofit intervention program in Arizona...
- Family of teenage girl with burns on 65...
- After having a baby, dad's brain changes too
- Baby boomers are not selling off homes, but...
- UTubers: Hailey Devine takes fans to Fiji
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 18
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 13
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 11
- As Common Core results trickle in,... 8
- The Clean Cut: Children taste dark... 3
- Baby boomers are not selling off homes,... 3
- Intuition: The sweet spot between... 2
- 13-year-old keeps dad alive after he... 2