Lexi Walker, Utah's One Voice Children's Choir make it through auditions on 'America's Got Talent'
The One Voice Children's Choir from Utah, best known for its "Let It Go" performance with Alex Boye, appeared Sunday on NBC's "America's Got Talent" as it auditioned to be a part of the show's latest season.
The group that performed Sunday consisted of 100 children ages 4-17, including YouTube sensation Lexi Walker, 12. Walker was one of three soloists during the group's performance of Ellie Goulding's "Burn."
Following the choir's performance, judge Howard Stern praised the children for their talent.
"I've said it before, and I'll say it again. In the singing category, we look for moments. Some people describe it as chills or the hair on their arm goes up, or something like that," Stern said.
"If you get one of those moments, you're pretty good. It's what you need, at least. You guys had about 50 of those moments."
Fellow judge Heidi Klum agreed with Stern.
"I just think you're great. I mean, you can sing!" Heidi Klum said. "Wow. I love the passion that you have. I really liked it."
But judges Mel B and Howie Mandel were not as easily impressed.
"The first half of this audition was not good," Mel B said. "When you came in with your ad-lib, it took it to a different level, and you all of a sudden got in tune and you got together and you got connected."
Stern disagreed with the criticism and fought for the group's ability to move on in the competition.
"They don't know when they've got gold. You're gold," Stern said.
Stern and Klum voted yes and Mandel voted no, leaving the final decision up to Mel B.
"Mel, I'm going to get on my hands and knees and tell you that America is going to love these people," Stern said. "I'm begging you. Give them a chance. Just give them a shot. They are good."
With Stern on his knees and the audience chanting in support, Mel B agreed to send the Utah group through to the next round.
Watch the entire episode on NBC.com.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Two powerful forces making American families...
- Harry Potter trivia quiz: Can you get 10...
- Motherhood Matters: How to control a teenager
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 15
- It's safe to vaccinate kids —... 11
- American families made more fragile by... 9
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 8
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 6
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 6
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4