Fort Duchesne man dies in Uintah County motorcycle crash
WHITEROCKS, Uintah County — A Fort Duchesne man died Saturday in a motorcycle crash in Uintah County.
The crash was reported just before 4 p.m. near 9700 North and Whiterocks Road when a man lost control of the motorcycle he was riding, according to Uintah County Undersheriff John Laursen.
The investigation was turned over to Bureau of Indian Affairs police because the man who died was an enrolled tribal member and the crash happened within the boundaries of the Uintah-Ouray Indian Reservation.
Authorities did not release the man's name but an online obituary identified him as Raphael Nakai Jr.
Nakai, 29, was not wearing a helmet, investigators said. They believe speed was a factor in the crash.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9