Fort Duchesne man dies in Uintah County motorcycle crash
WHITEROCKS, Uintah County — A Fort Duchesne man died Saturday in a motorcycle crash in Uintah County.
The crash was reported just before 4 p.m. near 9700 North and Whiterocks Road when a man lost control of the motorcycle he was riding, according to Uintah County Undersheriff John Laursen.
The investigation was turned over to Bureau of Indian Affairs police because the man who died was an enrolled tribal member and the crash happened within the boundaries of the Uintah-Ouray Indian Reservation.
Authorities did not release the man's name but an online obituary identified him as Raphael Nakai Jr.
Nakai, 29, was not wearing a helmet, investigators said. They believe speed was a factor in the crash.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Ex-Attorney General Mark Shurtleff pleads not...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 57
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Father, son used LDS Church membership... 27
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Teenage girl bullied relentlessly gets... 13
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13