Fort Duchesne man dies in Uintah County motorcycle crash
WHITEROCKS, Uintah County — A Fort Duchesne man died Saturday in a motorcycle crash in Uintah County.
The crash was reported just before 4 p.m. near 9700 North and Whiterocks Road when a man lost control of the motorcycle he was riding, according to Uintah County Undersheriff John Laursen.
The investigation was turned over to Bureau of Indian Affairs police because the man who died was an enrolled tribal member and the crash happened within the boundaries of the Uintah-Ouray Indian Reservation.
Authorities did not release the man's name but an online obituary identified him as Raphael Nakai Jr.
Nakai, 29, was not wearing a helmet, investigators said. They believe speed was a factor in the crash.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Deseret News Classic: Marathon, half...
- Levan wildfire burns 'well over 1,000' acres...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 12