Fort Duchesne man dies in Uintah County motorcycle crash
WHITEROCKS, Uintah County — A Fort Duchesne man died Saturday in a motorcycle crash in Uintah County.
The crash was reported just before 4 p.m. near 9700 North and Whiterocks Road when a man lost control of the motorcycle he was riding, according to Uintah County Undersheriff John Laursen.
The investigation was turned over to Bureau of Indian Affairs police because the man who died was an enrolled tribal member and the crash happened within the boundaries of the Uintah-Ouray Indian Reservation.
Authorities did not release the man's name but an online obituary identified him as Raphael Nakai Jr.
Nakai, 29, was not wearing a helmet, investigators said. They believe speed was a factor in the crash.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17