Fort Duchesne man dies in Uintah County motorcycle crash
WHITEROCKS, Uintah County — A Fort Duchesne man died Saturday in a motorcycle crash in Uintah County.
The crash was reported just before 4 p.m. near 9700 North and Whiterocks Road when a man lost control of the motorcycle he was riding, according to Uintah County Undersheriff John Laursen.
The investigation was turned over to Bureau of Indian Affairs police because the man who died was an enrolled tribal member and the crash happened within the boundaries of the Uintah-Ouray Indian Reservation.
Authorities did not release the man's name but an online obituary identified him as Raphael Nakai Jr.
Nakai, 29, was not wearing a helmet, investigators said. They believe speed was a factor in the crash.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12