Jazz center Enes Kanter to have treatment on right knee
SALT LAKE CITY — Jazz center Enes Kanter will be out of action for about two weeks after getting medical treatment on his right knee.
Kanter's knee will receive an injection of platelet rich plasma to treat quadriceps tendonitis, a common overuse condition in athletes that causes soreness and inflammation above the kneecap.
The injection will take place Tuesday in Chicago by Dr. Michael Terry. Kanter will be accompanied by Jazz trainer Gary Briggs.
The 22-year-old Kanter, sidelined all of last summer because of shoulder surgery and rehab, is expected to be 100 percent heading into training camp for the 2014-15 season, his fourth in the NBA.
However, Kanter has been advised by his doctor that it would be best for his knee to not participate in this summer's FIBA Basketball World Cup with his Turkish national team.
The 6-foot-11 center had been preparing for that international basketball tournament when it was determined that a PRP treatment would benefit the soreness in his right knee.
Kanter, eligible for a contract extension this summer, missed the final game of the 2013-14 season in Minnesota because of quad tendonitis. He averaged 12.3 points and 7.5 rebounds in his third season, but came on particularly strong in the final month and a half of the season.
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18