Jazz center Enes Kanter to have treatment on right knee
SALT LAKE CITY — Jazz center Enes Kanter will be out of action for about two weeks after getting medical treatment on his right knee.
Kanter's knee will receive an injection of platelet rich plasma to treat quadriceps tendonitis, a common overuse condition in athletes that causes soreness and inflammation above the kneecap.
The injection will take place Tuesday in Chicago by Dr. Michael Terry. Kanter will be accompanied by Jazz trainer Gary Briggs.
The 22-year-old Kanter, sidelined all of last summer because of shoulder surgery and rehab, is expected to be 100 percent heading into training camp for the 2014-15 season, his fourth in the NBA.
However, Kanter has been advised by his doctor that it would be best for his knee to not participate in this summer's FIBA Basketball World Cup with his Turkish national team.
The 6-foot-11 center had been preparing for that international basketball tournament when it was determined that a PRP treatment would benefit the soreness in his right knee.
Kanter, eligible for a contract extension this summer, missed the final game of the 2013-14 season in Minnesota because of quad tendonitis. He averaged 12.3 points and 7.5 rebounds in his third season, but came on particularly strong in the final month and a half of the season.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utah State's Evans has been on a 'long journey'
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25