A report by Regional Economic Models, Inc. estimates that a gradually increasing, rebated carbon tax would create approximately 2.1 million jobs. This is in stark contrast to press releases from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce presenting dire warnings of EPA regulations killing tens of thousands of jobs. Moreover, REMI has a long-standing, top-notch reputation for doing reliable economic studies for prestigious public and private-sector clients. If Congress really cares about job creation and the health and well-being of Americans, it should read REMI’s report closely and enact this type of carbon tax to obviate the need for the EPA’s proposed regulations.
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 71
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 27