A report by Regional Economic Models, Inc. estimates that a gradually increasing, rebated carbon tax would create approximately 2.1 million jobs. This is in stark contrast to press releases from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce presenting dire warnings of EPA regulations killing tens of thousands of jobs. Moreover, REMI has a long-standing, top-notch reputation for doing reliable economic studies for prestigious public and private-sector clients. If Congress really cares about job creation and the health and well-being of Americans, it should read REMI’s report closely and enact this type of carbon tax to obviate the need for the EPA’s proposed regulations.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 27
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 15
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14