A report by Regional Economic Models, Inc. estimates that a gradually increasing, rebated carbon tax would create approximately 2.1 million jobs. This is in stark contrast to press releases from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce presenting dire warnings of EPA regulations killing tens of thousands of jobs. Moreover, REMI has a long-standing, top-notch reputation for doing reliable economic studies for prestigious public and private-sector clients. If Congress really cares about job creation and the health and well-being of Americans, it should read REMI’s report closely and enact this type of carbon tax to obviate the need for the EPA’s proposed regulations.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- My view: European view of American soft power
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 59
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 47
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 32
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 28