The top 25 second-round picks in the NBA draft since 1989
Jason DeCrow, Associated Pres
The second round doesn't carry too much glitz or glamor for basketball fans, but it is the perfect way to build a roster. If the right choices are made, then the second round can be used to round out a championship team. All you have to do to prove that point is look at the roster for the San Antonio Spurs. Jeff Ayres, Matt Bonner, Patty Mills, Danny Green and Manu Ginobili were all selected in the second round.
Back in the early days of the draft, there were plenty of hall-of-famers available in the second round and later. Although that kind of talent hasn't come out of the second round consistently since the draft shrunk to two rounds in 1989, there have been some great players.
Here is a look at the best of those second-round picks in the current system, including some great Jazz players.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 41
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26