The top 25 second-round picks in the NBA draft since 1989
Jason DeCrow, Associated Pres
The second round doesn't carry too much glitz or glamor for basketball fans, but it is the perfect way to build a roster. If the right choices are made, then the second round can be used to round out a championship team. All you have to do to prove that point is look at the roster for the San Antonio Spurs. Jeff Ayres, Matt Bonner, Patty Mills, Danny Green and Manu Ginobili were all selected in the second round.
Back in the early days of the draft, there were plenty of hall-of-famers available in the second round and later. Although that kind of talent hasn't come out of the second round consistently since the draft shrunk to two rounds in 1989, there have been some great players.
Here is a look at the best of those second-round picks in the current system, including some great Jazz players.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- BYU, Utah fans react to Max Hall's arrest...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 75
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 37
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31