The top 25 second-round picks in the NBA draft since 1989
Jason DeCrow, Associated Pres
The second round doesn't carry too much glitz or glamor for basketball fans, but it is the perfect way to build a roster. If the right choices are made, then the second round can be used to round out a championship team. All you have to do to prove that point is look at the roster for the San Antonio Spurs. Jeff Ayres, Matt Bonner, Patty Mills, Danny Green and Manu Ginobili were all selected in the second round.
Back in the early days of the draft, there were plenty of hall-of-famers available in the second round and later. Although that kind of talent hasn't come out of the second round consistently since the draft shrunk to two rounds in 1989, there have been some great players.
Here is a look at the best of those second-round picks in the current system, including some great Jazz players.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 41
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33