The top 25 second-round picks in the NBA draft since 1989
Jason DeCrow, Associated Pres
The second round doesn't carry too much glitz or glamor for basketball fans, but it is the perfect way to build a roster. If the right choices are made, then the second round can be used to round out a championship team. All you have to do to prove that point is look at the roster for the San Antonio Spurs. Jeff Ayres, Matt Bonner, Patty Mills, Danny Green and Manu Ginobili were all selected in the second round.
Back in the early days of the draft, there were plenty of hall-of-famers available in the second round and later. Although that kind of talent hasn't come out of the second round consistently since the draft shrunk to two rounds in 1989, there have been some great players.
Here is a look at the best of those second-round picks in the current system, including some great Jazz players.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35