Utopia is a financial mess because the governments created a public utility using the wrong model. It should be, or should have been, structured like the city streets: All property owners pay taxes to maintain them, even if they do not own a motor vehicle. The infrastructure of Internet service is a two-way carrier of multi-services such as data, TV, phone, video streaming, etc. The streets system is a two-way carrier of multi-services involving many types of vehicles. Imagine the mess if the only people allowed on the streets were fee-per-trip paying citizens who only drive Subaru’s.
Salt Lake City
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: In the name of God?
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 43
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30