Utopia is a financial mess because the governments created a public utility using the wrong model. It should be, or should have been, structured like the city streets: All property owners pay taxes to maintain them, even if they do not own a motor vehicle. The infrastructure of Internet service is a two-way carrier of multi-services such as data, TV, phone, video streaming, etc. The streets system is a two-way carrier of multi-services involving many types of vehicles. Imagine the mess if the only people allowed on the streets were fee-per-trip paying citizens who only drive Subaru’s.
Salt Lake City
- My view: Has Utah's new election law created...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Let us praise GDP
- In our opinion: The special session supports...
- My view: History of abolitionists teach us an...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Goodbye, Rickey Smith
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 42
- My view: Has Utah's new election law... 22
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16