Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News Archives
GLEN CANYON NATIONAL RECREATION AREA — A houseboat fire that broke out at a Lake Powell marina Saturday left one person in the hospital.
The individual was working on a private houseboat at Wahweap Marina when an engine compartment fire broke out around 1 p.m., Cynthia Sequanna, park ranger at Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, said. There was only one person injured in the incident, but officials said they did not know the individual's age or gender.
The injured person was one of several people from a boat management company working on the boat, where they clean, pump out and refuel the boats. They were several employees on board the house boat when the fire started.
A National Park Service fire boat and ambulance responded to the scene, but the individual's colleagues put out the fire using fire extinguishers. The injured person was transported by medical helicopter to an area hospital, Sequanna said.
She did not know the person's condition.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10