Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News Archives
GLEN CANYON NATIONAL RECREATION AREA — A houseboat fire that broke out at a Lake Powell marina Saturday left one person in the hospital.
The individual was working on a private houseboat at Wahweap Marina when an engine compartment fire broke out around 1 p.m., Cynthia Sequanna, park ranger at Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, said. There was only one person injured in the incident, but officials said they did not know the individual's age or gender.
The injured person was one of several people from a boat management company working on the boat, where they clean, pump out and refuel the boats. They were several employees on board the house boat when the fire started.
A National Park Service fire boat and ambulance responded to the scene, but the individual's colleagues put out the fire using fire extinguishers. The injured person was transported by medical helicopter to an area hospital, Sequanna said.
She did not know the person's condition.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 21
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13