Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News Archives
GLEN CANYON NATIONAL RECREATION AREA — A houseboat fire that broke out at a Lake Powell marina Saturday left one person in the hospital.
The individual was working on a private houseboat at Wahweap Marina when an engine compartment fire broke out around 1 p.m., Cynthia Sequanna, park ranger at Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, said. There was only one person injured in the incident, but officials said they did not know the individual's age or gender.
The injured person was one of several people from a boat management company working on the boat, where they clean, pump out and refuel the boats. They were several employees on board the house boat when the fire started.
A National Park Service fire boat and ambulance responded to the scene, but the individual's colleagues put out the fire using fire extinguishers. The injured person was transported by medical helicopter to an area hospital, Sequanna said.
She did not know the person's condition.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18