Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News Archives
GLEN CANYON NATIONAL RECREATION AREA — A houseboat fire that broke out at a Lake Powell marina Saturday left one person in the hospital.
The individual was working on a private houseboat at Wahweap Marina when an engine compartment fire broke out around 1 p.m., Cynthia Sequanna, park ranger at Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, said. There was only one person injured in the incident, but officials said they did not know the individual's age or gender.
The injured person was one of several people from a boat management company working on the boat, where they clean, pump out and refuel the boats. They were several employees on board the house boat when the fire started.
A National Park Service fire boat and ambulance responded to the scene, but the individual's colleagues put out the fire using fire extinguishers. The injured person was transported by medical helicopter to an area hospital, Sequanna said.
She did not know the person's condition.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7