Lone Peak AAU team finishes third in Dubai tourney, Frank Jackson named slam dunk champion
Qash Abbas, courtesy MPAC Sports Basketball Elite International Tournament
Lone Peak shooting guard Frank Jackson scored 42 points and AAU team Utah Reign defeated Montverde Academy (Florida) 92-89 on Saturday in the third-place game at the MPAC Sports Basketball Elite International Tournament in Dubai.
It was the third straight game in which Jackson, who was also named the tournament's slam dunk champion, scored 40 or more points. He also had four rebounds and one steal.
Jackson averaged 33.8 points per game during the tournament.
The Reign, comprised of players from Lone Peak High, went 4-2 during the tournament. Both of their losses were to Huntington Prep of West Virginia — one of the top NBA draft prospects in this year's crop, Andrew Wiggins, prepped at Huntington.
Lone Peak senior Nick Curtis added 18 points, six rebounds and an assist, while Garrett Frampton had nine points, five rebounds, one assist and a steal.
Simeon (Illinois) defeated Huntington Prep 83-78 in the championship game to win the tournament. Simeon's DJ Williams was named tournament MVP.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20