Lone Peak AAU team finishes third in Dubai tourney, Frank Jackson named slam dunk champion
Qash Abbas, courtesy MPAC Sports Basketball Elite International Tournament
Lone Peak shooting guard Frank Jackson scored 42 points and AAU team Utah Reign defeated Montverde Academy (Florida) 92-89 on Saturday in the third-place game at the MPAC Sports Basketball Elite International Tournament in Dubai.
It was the third straight game in which Jackson, who was also named the tournament's slam dunk champion, scored 40 or more points. He also had four rebounds and one steal.
Jackson averaged 33.8 points per game during the tournament.
The Reign, comprised of players from Lone Peak High, went 4-2 during the tournament. Both of their losses were to Huntington Prep of West Virginia — one of the top NBA draft prospects in this year's crop, Andrew Wiggins, prepped at Huntington.
Lone Peak senior Nick Curtis added 18 points, six rebounds and an assist, while Garrett Frampton had nine points, five rebounds, one assist and a steal.
Simeon (Illinois) defeated Huntington Prep 83-78 in the championship game to win the tournament. Simeon's DJ Williams was named tournament MVP.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 33
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32