Lone Peak AAU team finishes third in Dubai tourney, Frank Jackson named slam dunk champion
Qash Abbas, courtesy MPAC Sports Basketball Elite International Tournament
Lone Peak shooting guard Frank Jackson scored 42 points and AAU team Utah Reign defeated Montverde Academy (Florida) 92-89 on Saturday in the third-place game at the MPAC Sports Basketball Elite International Tournament in Dubai.
It was the third straight game in which Jackson, who was also named the tournament's slam dunk champion, scored 40 or more points. He also had four rebounds and one steal.
Jackson averaged 33.8 points per game during the tournament.
The Reign, comprised of players from Lone Peak High, went 4-2 during the tournament. Both of their losses were to Huntington Prep of West Virginia — one of the top NBA draft prospects in this year's crop, Andrew Wiggins, prepped at Huntington.
Lone Peak senior Nick Curtis added 18 points, six rebounds and an assist, while Garrett Frampton had nine points, five rebounds, one assist and a steal.
Simeon (Illinois) defeated Huntington Prep 83-78 in the championship game to win the tournament. Simeon's DJ Williams was named tournament MVP.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48