Boy band with Utah, LDS ties to perform on ABC's 'Rising Star' Sunday night
The group members are from around the world, and four of its five members belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints although the group is not affiliated with any religious group.
Beyond 5 group members include TJ Ryan, of Salt Lake City; Zac Love, of San Antonio; Ammon Tuimaualuga, of Corona, California; Tanner Myler of Eagle, Idaho; and Patch Crowe, of Gold Coast, Australia.
The boy band was created by Russ Dixon and Tyler Castleton. Castleton also created the LDS boy band Jericho Road, and Dixon was part of the band Colors.
This past summer, Beyond 5 toured Asia performing in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Now they are set to perform live on ABC's "Rising Star," a singing competition in which viewers vote using a custom app, determining the fate of the performers.
More information about the singing competition can be found at ABC.com. Beyond 5 will also be performing in Clearfield on July 4 and in Draper on Sept. 12.
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 176
- 11 things you should know about the... 80
- General Women's Session focuses on... 32
- The challenges and blessings of... 27
- State bills to protect religious... 25
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17