Jacquelyn Martin, Associated Press
Americans don't think college is worth the massive amounts of student debt that it increasingly leads to, according to a new poll by YouGov.
When asked "Is getting a college education worth taking on high levels of student loan debt?" 43 percent of respondents told YouGov "no," while only 24 percent responded "yes." The rest — 33 percent — responded they were "not sure."
YouGov also found that the answer varied little by income and education level. When taking into account race, however, nonwhites were considerably more likely to respond that a college education is worth the debt, with 40 percent of blacks and 31 percent of Hispanics answering "yes." Only 20 percent of whites, on the other hand, said the debt is worth it.
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- After setting iPhone record, what does Apple...
- Want a one-of-a-kind name for your baby? It...
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Michelle Singletary: Making personal finance...
- Most K-12 students are now low income
- Dave Ramsey says: Make changes to save money
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Helping students 'climb the mountain'... 11
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10
- Want to save money in 2015?... 4
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 3
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 2
- Want a one-of-a-kind name for your... 1